The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: chew!!  (Read 19127 times)

Offline FishMich

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: chew!!
« Reply #150 on: Dec 28, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Whats up with all the Grizzly chewers!! Cheap *****s!! Kodiak Wintergreen is the only way to go!!

I hear ya deerhunter

Offline frozen_feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #151 on: Dec 28, 2009, 07:17 PM »
nothin like a big ole chunk of deer jerky and a cold Pepsi
matt

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #152 on: Dec 28, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Wicklow thanks for the info! Im going to look them up and try it out once!!

I am still chewing skoal mint, have tried to quit, longest i've gone is 2 months, then i somehow start again, i do not see myself trying to quit ever again.....  My hats are off to all those who have kicked the habit!!  I think we can all chime in together and agree that if you aint using it DONT TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Icejammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Dec 29, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Yuk, i'll stick to drinking ;D

Offline tank81

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
« Reply #154 on: Dec 29, 2009, 06:28 PM »
 :othe new copenhagen wintergreen long cut tastes like kodiak but it is only 3 bucks a can
BORN to ICE FISH forced to WORK

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:45 PM »
I hate choosing jammer... I'll do both!

Offline waronfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:53 PM »
The water your drinking will probably give you cancer..... live well and party like a rock star......fish on.......
Make sure you tell your mom that you love her before you die of CANCER.

Offline gbrebory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #157 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:44 AM »
no chewin for me ill stick to my camel filters my buddy chews i smoke hell do the breathin ill do the talkin 2gether well be one hell of a fishin machine

Offline DRR324

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Emilys 27" walleye- released 1/10/10
« Reply #158 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:55 AM »
I've been trying to cut back- switched from skoal wintergreen long cut to skoal pouches.  Must say they are a lot easier to pop in and out- but I know I am gettin hosed on the amount in one can.  I am down to a tin every 2 days.....  ::)
Sit in the house- or sit in the shanty, let's see, beer and crappies- I'm going fishing.

Offline basser_woman53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #159 on: Dec 31, 2009, 11:32 AM »
have you ever seen someones jaw and face cut in half from cancer due to to chewing?????????? not pretty.......than maybee than can live a few more years!

Offline specialK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Dec 31, 2009, 01:10 PM »
No chew for a year ;D!  I dipped Cope since I was a teen and it was the hardest thing to quite. 

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #161 on: Dec 31, 2009, 03:13 PM »
have you ever seen someones jaw and face cut in half from cancer due to to chewing?

Yup, witnessed it 1st hand, grandpa's buddy had that after chewing for close to 60 years..........  WHen i seen that i attempted to quit, couldnt do it.  Pry start smoking when my jaw gets that bad.  There is a set plan for all of us, we may day in a car accident tonight yet, but you still drive. Everything you do in life has consequences, just some are more avoidable than others.

Offline Fabner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #162 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:02 PM »

Vex,  I know what you are saying but you had better give it up. :P  Are you going to quit looking both ways before you cross the street? ???
Gopher Everett?

We thought you was a toad.

A man ain't no kind of man unless he's got land.

We've got to R-U-N-N-O-F-T

Loved Up,  Almost

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Jan 02, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Dangit Fabner!! Whyd you have to say that??? lol :).....

Im not sure, depends if Im in a hurry or not!  :) lol

Offline Fabner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #164 on: Jan 02, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Vex, 

I know a guy who told me when he was young he was crazy and did drugs.  He said it was harder to quit smoking than to quit Heroin! :o  I think any Tobacco product is a hard taskmaster. :(  Think about your family and how they would do without you! :o 

My Mom is a lifelong smoker.  She had a kidney stone a few months ago and was in the hospital on Morphine for four (4) days.  When my Brother went to pick her up he said "Mom you haven't smoked for 4 days,  you should try to quit".  She lit one up as soon as she got in the vehicle to go home! :P  Whoa! :-\  Hoping you will try to quit in the New Year.  I like your posts!
Gopher Everett?

Loved Up,  Almost

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
« Reply #165 on: Jan 02, 2010, 09:42 AM »
cope wintergreen or long cut for me...occasionally a good ol beechnut. started chewing at age 12, took up smoking at 14 and have since gotten back into chew the last 6 months because i cant smoke on job sites...time for a chawsky. oh and its way too cold to go outside for a cig

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Jan 02, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Thanks Fab......... I could do it, just would take some perseverence......... My dad chews, along with all my buds that i hunt and fish with all the time.  In a perfect world i could quit and never see another tin of chew again!! Problem is i associate it with EVERYTHING i do.  Deer hunting, steelie fishing, duck/goose hunting, coyote hunting, fishing in general, or hunting anything........  ALways chewing, always feel like im missing a part of my life.

Offline Left/Center

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #167 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:50 PM »
Kodiak, all that other crap tasted like old lawn clippings

Offline Smeltslayer73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #168 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Been chewin' for 20yrs+, had leukoplakia (white spots on gums) 0 times-- maybe just luck.  apple skoal is my choice, tastes like a jolly rancher-- can leave in hours.  My advice though is don't do it.  My problem is I can't quit. 

Offline diddlepole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:00 AM »
I've chewed off and on for a few years.  If you do some actual research on it, its really not that bad.  Your more likely to get oral cancer from smoking than chewing.  If you use the Snus stuff from sweeden, thats better yet.  THey dont even put a warning label on it over there.  They have enough research to back up that its basically harmless.  Its all about how they cure the tobacco.  My great grandpa chewed redman in his cheek, and cope in the front.  Died at 93 of natural causes. 

Offline gbrebory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #170 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:15 PM »
my great uncle jim is 87, a tobacco farmer in tenessee and has smoked for 65+ years...... ive smoked for 10 nd feel like im 87 some poeple are just bad asses

Offline slowkota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Biggest jumbo yellabellies
« Reply #171 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:03 AM »
CHAPPER!!!

I don't gut squat though, don't know how people can do that!

Grizz wintergreen for me here!
Just ordered a log of that REVV'd up stuff, give it a try since I like my redbull almost as much as my grizz  ;D

I started chewing as a way to quit smoking, haven't had a cig in 5 years now... One bad habit for a slightly less bad habit.

A good way to quit, is chewing Nicorette nicotine gum! You are actually supposed to use it similar to chewing tobacco, chew it for a minute or so, then tuck it in your lip... and not chewing it like regular gum.
It gives you that nice nicotine tingle, feels like you've got a dip in, plus no carcinogens and NO SPITTIN!!!

Offline Fabner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #172 on: Jan 06, 2010, 07:59 AM »
my great uncle Jim is 87, a tobacco farmer in Tennessee and has smoked for 65+ years...... I've smoked for 10 and feel like I'm 87 some people are just bad asses

GB I cleaned up your quote a little.

That is the truth.  My Uncle from KY was a Tobacco farmer too and smoked PA from a can (rolled his own) all his life.  He died at 83 of Bone cancer. :o  This is the third "lifer" I have known who died of Bone cancer.  One other was 65 years old and another was 58.  What is that all about? ???  It was not a good way to go! :'(

Gopher Everett?

Loved Up,  Almost

Offline gbrebory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #173 on: Jan 06, 2010, 03:12 PM »
thankx fab not quite used to typing on a laptop...... the faster i go the worse it gets.....flag up .....fish on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.