New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Marcum lx-7 humminbird ice helix 5 g2 chirp  (Read 1071 times)

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum lx-7 humminbird ice helix 5 g2 chirp
« on: Jan 29, 2022, 08:39 PM »
So this season I've notice on my humminbird the battery doesn't last a long time during the day so I bought a new battery and it still runs out but when I use my lx-7 the batteries run all day and even longer if need be anyone know or seen the same issue I've tried 3 different batteries

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Re: Marcum lx-7 humminbird ice helix 5 g2 chirp
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2022, 08:45 PM »
So this season I've notice on my humminbird the battery doesn't last a long time during the day so I bought a new battery and it still runs out but when I use my lx-7 the batteries run all day and even longer if need be anyone know or seen the same issue I've tried 3 different batteries
The hummingbird isn’t just a flasher it uses way more juice then that lx7.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2022, 05:26 AM »
Turn brightness down can help. Bird uses more juice for gps.

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2022, 07:22 PM »
I don't have GPS on the bird its just a basic helix 5 and the back light is down.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2022, 07:30 PM »
I don't have GPS on the bird its just a basic helix 5 and the back light is down.
Are you using night mode and a color palate with a black background? What battery are you using?
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2022, 11:30 PM »
I also have a basic helix 5 , I get easy 30 hours out of a 12v 10 lithium brute ,
 Got  at least 1 full day out of a 12v 10amp SLA battery , I only run back light at 5 ,
 I also have an LX7li and I get 2 days out of it 
 My bud has a mega 7 runs a 12v 12amp and gets all of 2 full days out of it

Offline skinny4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2022, 05:17 AM »
Go thru the Sonar colors and find one with a black background and you'll save a ton of battery life also.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2022, 07:16 AM »
 Captain , I turn off ice fishing mode and I use a white back ground , color bar is off , I use palette 1 , fish ID is off , I also run max mode  , my old 5 sips juice, and I don’t set my graph on the ice
 Hope this helps

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:12 AM »
The hummingbird isn’t just a flasher it uses way more juice then that lx7.

lx7 isn't a flasher either lol and puts out higher output then heldix they helix sucks comes to th marcum

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2022, 07:38 AM »
lx7 isn't a flasher either lol and puts out higher output then heldix they helix sucks comes to th marcum

chill bro chill. Dont come at the Bird Gang like that. We all are on the same anti-vex side so cant we just be friends  :roflmao:

I had issues with my stock battery dying on me. I bought a 12v lithium and can run that on full brightness for 2 full days on the ice without worry.

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:01 AM »
What replacement batteries did you buy? Lot of crappy knock-off batteries on amazon, etc. And even once good batteries can be stored or shipped in ways that ruin them.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:09 AM »
What replacement batteries did you buy? Lot of crappy knock-off batteries on amazon, etc. And even once good batteries can be stored or shipped in ways that ruin them.

I used Amped Outdoors. Im hard on my gear and have had it two seasons without any issues. Its also lighter than a classic style battery so its nice being able to save weight while improving your finder duration

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2022, 11:04 AM »
chill bro chill. Dont come at the Bird Gang like that. We all are on the same anti-vex side so cant we just be friends  :roflmao:

I had issues with my stock battery dying on me. I bought a 12v lithium and can run that on full brightness for 2 full days on the ice without worry.

anti vex for life but no humdingers either for me

Offline Flyingmaggot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2022, 04:44 PM »
Isn't Marcum owned by fisher price?  ;)  ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2022, 06:22 PM »
What’s amazing that  nasty fl28 flasher can read as deep as needed and does with all of 400watts
 I own both lx7Li and a helix 5 , I can read bait in 160’ at a 10 setting out of 20 , on my helix , and far as backlight if I ran mine on full I’d need sunglasses 😎, so IMO my 7 doesn’t do any more other than having a bigger screen
 But to each their own
 I don’t care who uses what long as they are happy
 I’m not brand loyal as I also own lowrance products for ice and on my boat , they all get the job done

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.