New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series.  (Read 79519 times)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Re: NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 14, 2012, 05:24 AM »
By all means, you can fish as a group and as close as you want together as long as everyone in your group is fine with it. The closeness rules are for opposing teams who may not know each and would like some space between each of their spreads. Keep in mind however, polygraphs can and likely will be given, so you will need to be careful to make sure you keep track of who catches what fish and that you keep them seperate. (i.e. there is no sharing of fish - so if you and your teammate are icing fish and your friends are not, you cannot offer them fish so they can reach their tournament limit of fish to weigh in).

Also, the question was asked if a team has to enter all three events. The answer is no - each event/location is a seperate tournament, with the exception of the Triple Crown Award for those Pro Divisions teams who are going to fish 2 or more of the events and go for the overall Series Title. We may add a similar award for an overall Amateur Division Series title winner (again they would have to fish at least two events, one being the Sodus Event), but we have not made that decision yet.

Thank you for the questions and encouragement!! Keep them coming and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! We'll also try to keep everyone up to date as everything falls into place and prizes/sponsors are securred throughout the fall!! @)
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #31 on: Sep 18, 2012, 06:31 AM »
This week we will be finishing the videos and getting them online, and finishing the spreadsheets so that we can start sending out the team numbers to those who have registered. Just a reminder, your registration is not complete until you submit payment for the events and options you select. It's much easier for us track and register you if you can submit your information and payment at the same time. Later, if you decide to add additional options, it will be easy for us as you will already have a registered team number. Thanks in advance!! ;)

On a side note, right now we have more registrations from anglers out of state (Mass, Penn, CT, OH) than we do in state!  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #32 on: Sep 18, 2012, 07:13 PM »
What are your numbers at so far I will be signing up but not shure on partner till near end of October if I was to sign up now can the partner name be changed if he can't make it
Just enjoying life

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #33 on: Sep 19, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Another great question! Yes, partners can change as long as you update us with the change so we can update our records. We currently have 18 teams registered and another dozen or so who have submitted their information, but have not completed registration (payment). Once we get up to 100 teams at any location, we will start a running tallies on the website so everyone can check in on the numbers fishing each event. We are expecting that most anglers will likely be registering in December/January, but it would be best if everyone registered earlier so we could secure everything earlier and get everyone hyped that we'll definitely be giving out $10,000+ to the top pro, $5,000+ to the top Am, and pumping over $10,000 into the Open Division!! :thumbsup:

Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #34 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Wow! What a crazy two weeks!! :o  Sorry for the delay in getting the videos done explaining and going over the details of our events - we've been burried with trying to get the insurance policies set (namely finding a company), talking with local sponsors, talking with the DEC, lining up a co-tournament for our Sodus event, trying to meet with the Sodus Point Mayor (what seems like an impossible task), clearing some red tape for our awards ceremonies, touching bases with our event coordinators, getting our design and printing company set for the Highlights Magazine and compiling a list of potential advertisers, filming for Fox Rochester/News 8, a picture shoot with our tournament boat, and working with our graphics company for giving our tournament boat a facelift this winter!! Phew!!

Once we get the video series completed and posted, we'll finalize the team numbers and send those out to the teams that have registered. Again, we'd like to encourage teams to sign up to help us get all the "good stuff" securred (prizes, door prizes, trophies, trophy fish tank, etc.). We even have another promo planned for teams that register through Oct. 31st! @) To be announced soon! ;D

Again, if anyone has any questions/concerns, please feel free to post them here and we'll answer/address them as best we can!! We're addressing several concerns within our videos with explainations, including securring pay-outs, weigh-in logistics, and the notion that there are no refunds if an event is cancelled (registration funds are put into escrow and registrants are automatically entered into next year's event).
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2012, 09:49 PM »
The Tournament Series is really coming together: insurance is now in place, sponsors are hopping on board, and teams are starting to sign up!! Check out the latest at: www.NYSiceproam.com  where we will be posting a running list of the Pro and Am teams as they sign up for the events!!   Register your team today and help us make these events the biggest series in the NE!!  @)

**BONUS: We're going to include a FREE Frabill Aerator to all those who register for the Pro or Am divisions
(one per team for the series) through October or until gone (only 98 left)!!**
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #36 on: Sep 29, 2012, 10:27 PM »
We would like to welcome our newest sponsor for the Sodus event: Streeter's Taxidermy in Ontario, NY who will be mounting the largest fish entered in the Lunker Pool!!  @)  He has done some amazing work for us including this mount of my 15 lb slob that took 3 tournaments along with a slob perch within an underwater 3D mount:

Hopefully this coming year's winner will have a beauty just as big or bigger!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #37 on: Sep 30, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Part 1 of the video series is now available - now you can put a face to my name and receive a description of the the 3-tier format of a Pro-Am style tournament and how the scoring will work. I shot it in my classroom with some white boards, so it isn't clean and polished, but get a general idea. The video can be viewed at:
&feature=youtu.be

Part 2 will cover the weigh-in logistics, Part 3 will cover the payouts and prizes, and future videos will cover anything that needs to be addressed.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline SKUNK-MASTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Oct 02, 2012, 12:00 PM »
is the info posted on the locations for the weigh stations?????          I may be a single walker........trying to determine if it is worth it?????       will i be able to get to any spots fast enough on foot?        also.....walking may be a problem if snag me one worth running in to weigh?!?!?

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #39 on: Oct 02, 2012, 02:05 PM »
is the info posted on the locations for the weigh stations?????          I may be a single walker........trying to determine if it is worth it?????       will i be able to get to any spots fast enough on foot?        also.....walking may be a problem if snag me one worth running in to weigh?!?!?

Great questions! The weigh-in stations are going to be TBD (unfortunately) at this point until all the logistics are worked out for each location, and even after that they may have to be changed based on weather/ice conditions, snow banks, number of anglers, etc. For example, right now it looks like at the Tupper Lake event, we will have two access points which will also be the weigh-in locations: one located near the ballfield at the north end of Raquette Pond and the other near the public launch or Red Top Inn on the east side of the main lake. If the main lake has unsafe ice, then all fishing will be done on Raquette Pond with one access/weigh-in location. At both locations good fishing grounds are within walking distance. For the Sodus bay event, things are not as cut and dry: we are currently looking at using one access/weigh-in versus two, and where those would be. The only possible points (consideing ice access, parking, and weigh-in logistics)would be at Sodus Point and at the south end on either side of the bridge. I am waiting to speak with the Mayor and local police to determine those locations.

All three locations offer good fishing grounds within walking distance (say within a mile) of the access points. Obviously, those on vehicles will be able to get to places much quicker. Now, if you want to fish a particular spot, and it isn't close to the access points, then it's going to be a hike or you'll need to find transport. Originally we were going to make them "walking only" tournaments, but we recieved a lot of pushback on that, so we opened it up. Hopefully you will win on of the 4-wheelers we are giving away and that won't be an issue any more!! ;)

As far as weighing in an "above threshold" fish (those that are large and required to be weighed in as soon as they are caught) for those who are walking the events, we planning on having one or two "runners" on quads who can come to you on the ice and weigh/measure the fish, then release it. That is pending the availability of said quads, riders, and ice that can support them. In the event that quads are not allowed due to thin ice, C&R will not be required.

With an event of this magnitude, there are many facets that are going to be dependant on the weather and ice conditions: ice access/weigh-in locations, use of motorized transport (by anglers and/or staff), awards ceremony facilities, parking, headquarters location and facility, etc. We'll have an idea about a week in advance of what it will be like, and nailed down for sure a few days beforehand (with the exception of possible lake effect storms). That's why most details for the Pro and Am Divisions are going to be given at the captains meeting the day before the tournament. We'll also keep the website updated daily the week before each event of any changes or major decisions.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #40 on: Oct 04, 2012, 11:18 AM »
Please let us know if there is anything you would like to know regarding our events, or if you have any suggestions for improving them!! Also, if there is anything you would like to see us do, or put on the website, let us know! Again, our goal is to make these events as big and successful as possible to support local economies and promote our amazing fishery!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #41 on: Oct 05, 2012, 06:13 PM »
***BIG NEWS***

We just confirmed Aqua-Vu as a sponsor of the series with product to give out at each event!! :thumbsup:
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #42 on: Oct 06, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Just curios if u were gonna be at power sports show this weekend Tim?

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #43 on: Oct 06, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Unfortunately no, I emailed back and forth with the guy running it and he wanted way too much for us to justify having a booth there, especially since it isn't specifically for ice fishing. I told him what we could swing for a space and he said he'd let me know if they had room for us. Never heard back from him, so I guess not.  ::) Since we're just getting this thing off the ground our budget is extremely tight. We are going to be meeting with the management at Bass Pro in a couple weeks and we're hoping to set up a few times when we'll be at the store for people to stop out and see us. we'll likely do the same for Gander Mt and/or Dick's in Henrietta. I'll post those dates/times when they get confirmed.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Oct 07, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Awesome news though anyway Tim bass pro meet and greets would be great.:):)$

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #45 on: Oct 07, 2012, 10:25 PM »
We'll be heading down to Chautauqua Lake on Oct. 20th to view the lake, work out some logistics, and visit with local businesses. We'll make arrangements to be at one of the local tackle shops from 1-2pm for a meet 'n greet if anyone is interested. Drop us a note here or via PM and we'll confirm if there is interest.

Also, the series is now on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NYS-Ice-Pro-Am-Tournament-Series/165128020291659?sk=page_insights#!/pages/NYS-Ice-Pro-Am-Tournament-Series/165128020291659?fref=ts

Check it out and "Like" us!!  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Oct 08, 2012, 09:28 AM »
This is a good ? Will we be able to fish inside of shantys or outside only???

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #47 on: Oct 08, 2012, 07:26 PM »
This is a good ? Will we be able to fish inside of shantys or outside only???

Shanties will be allowed, and will be checked before entering the ice each day (for Pro and Am Divisions). We'll go over the procedure for how the shotgun start will work and the associated procedure. A quick rendition goes like this: teams may start lining up at 2am (first come first in spot), a representative will check-in your team and give you your flag for that day, once checked in you may not leave the line (keep this in mind when deciding how early to get in line), when the shotgun is sounded all teams may enter the ice at the designated access staying within the lanes designated and at designated speeds (for motorized transport). Again, this will be covered in great detail at the captains' meetings.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #48 on: Oct 08, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Being an elderly gentleman, if I lined up at 2am, I'd be ready for a nap by 8am... ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #49 on: Oct 08, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Being an elderly gentleman, if I lined up at 2am, I'd be ready for a nap by 8am... ;D

LOL!! ;D 
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #50 on: Oct 08, 2012, 09:08 PM »
**Call for help**

For those of you who have visited our website lately, have the pages loaded correctly (everything lined up correctly, margins ok, pictures lined up, no red "x" marks where a picture should be, etc.)? If not, please let me know! My dad was visiting the website tonight and had trouble with the pages taking forever to load, then the fonts, margins, and pictures were mis-alligned. If this is a consistant issue, we will work to fix it this week. Or it could just be my dad having way too much restricted on his computer - he's a retired system admin and has to take EVERY precaution to the extreme!! ;D

Thank you!! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline holepuncher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Punch enough holes and it's just like trolling
« Reply #51 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Everything looks good from here, except the first and second event information says under construction. Which could very well be the case. The only thing I see that we need are teams signing up. Maybe after this first frost it will get everyone ready for the ice!!!!!!!!!! Perch are already moving in the bay in preparation for the big weekend :icefish:

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #52 on: Oct 09, 2012, 07:57 AM »
Thank you! Hopefully it looks ok for everyone else as well. If anyone does have issues with the site, please let me know ASAP so that I can fix it! @)
Perch are already moving in the bay in preparation for the big weekend

Has anyone done well on them yet in Sodus? I'm hoping to get out sometime soon on Port Bay! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #53 on: Oct 09, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Regarding the webpages under construction, we should be able to construct the Chautauqua pages after our visit on the 20th, and the Tupper Lake pages are coming along and should be done soon too. This month is a little crazy  :wacko:, but once we get into November I should have much more time to complete any pages not finished and monitor/work on the series 24/7 (or asmuch as I can).  @)

Thank you to Amateur Team Turn Key for registering!! Only 96 aeration units left! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #54 on: Oct 09, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Does anyone have a solid contact for Fish307? We'd like to discuss our series with them for sponsorship and the possibility of acquiring supplies from them. We've tried the contact off their site multiple times with no repsonse.
Thank you! @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #55 on: Oct 09, 2012, 10:31 AM »
1-800-fish-307
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline iceisnice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Oct 10, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Unfortunately no, I emailed back and forth with the guy running it and he wanted way too much for us to justify having a booth there, especially since it isn't specifically for ice fishing. I told him what we could swing for a space and he said he'd let me know if they had room for us. Never heard back from him, so I guess not.  ::) Since we're just getting this thing off the ground our budget is extremely tight. We are going to be meeting with the management at Bass Pro in a couple weeks and we're hoping to set up a few times when we'll be at the store for people to stop out and see us. we'll likely do the same for Gander Mt and/or Dick's in Henrietta. I'll post those dates/times when they get confirmed.  @)
If you call FISH307 you can probably do the same thing there 800-FISH307 (3474)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #57 on: Oct 10, 2012, 10:45 AM »
We're going to have several polls posted for some key aspects of the events this year. Stay tuned and we will get those listed soon. As far coming out to Lake George for a meet 'n greet, that's quite a hike for us, but if the interest is there (or if they are willing to sponsor the series) we may be able to swing a trip out there.  @)

We are confirming that we will be at the Syracuse Sportsman Show in January! Mark your calendars now and we hope to see you there!! We'll be giving a seminar on the series that will feature highlights from the Tupper Lake Event!! :thumbsup:
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #58 on: Oct 10, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Please check out the polls at the top of the NY General page.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #59 on: Oct 11, 2012, 08:04 AM »
We just confirmed the non-profit organizations being supported at the Tupper Lake Event:
Tupper Lake Archers
Tupper Lake Rod & Gun Club
118th Civil War Reenactors
Tupper Lake Dive Team
Tupper Lake Fire Dept.

Also, just so everyone is aware, Pro Team Finders Keepers will not be fishing these events - we will be directing them and ensuring they run smoothly and professionally.  @)
Tim Thomas
President & CEO

Captain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.