New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: long pond ice in or out ?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline perchmonger0326

• IceShanty Rookie
long pond ice in or out ?
« on: Mar 30, 2014, 03:00 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has been by long pond to see if it was open water yet ? heard there was 10 inches last weekend poor fishing.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: long pond ice in or out ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2014, 03:11 PM »
What long pond are you referring to?   
And welcome to the site...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2014, 03:12 PM »
And if your looking for open water info check out our summer site..
   http://www.myfishfinder.com/
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2014, 04:47 PM »
On Tuesday, there was lots of open water at each end along Edgemere.  I imagine that will only expand, if it hasn't already.

Offline perchmonger0326

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2014, 04:54 PM »
Sorry yea was looking for long pond in monroe county ... thanks themaninblack thats helpful was gunna try maybe wed. Or thurs. Usually takes a couple of days after ice to clear water and get good.

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2014, 08:26 PM »
I was out on LP last thursday and it was starting to open up along the shorelines and the channels. im sure fridays rain and warm weather didnt help. there was about 8 inches of ice once you got out there though
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2014, 08:39 AM »
Drove over Long on my way to Cranbo on Saturday. Alot of open water along Edgemere Drive. A couple real warm days coming up if we get some wind we could be hittin' 'em with the long rods soon. As bad as the fishin' was most of the winter, the fish are all still there. Hopin' for a great spring bite, can't wait.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline perchmonger0326

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Thanks for the info I used to live near there but now I am in Niagara falls so the info is useful I am going to long pond on wed. with the long rods they should be good and hungry!

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2014, 08:47 PM »
Drove by the ponds and bdocks today, lots of open water along the shores and bridges. Nobody on LP but a few guys out on cranbo. supposed to hit 60 tomorrow
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2014, 09:34 AM »
Thanks for the info I used to live near there but now I am in Niagara falls so the info is useful I am going to long pond on wed. with the long rods they should be good and hungry!
Hey bud if you do get there Wednsday post your results or pm me if you want. I want to get there this weekend. Thanx.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline perchmonger0326

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:42 AM »
prchmike I will keep u updated heading there in the morning.

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Use MyFishFinder for your reports,that site's for open water fishing now that the ice is gone.We shouldn't abuse this site with reports that aren't intended for here,the reports,& conditions on this subject have been locked for a week,just a suggestion.

FN

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:26 PM »
Use MyFishFinder for your reports,that site's for open water fishing now that the ice is gone.We shouldn't abuse this site with reports that aren't intended for here,the reports,& conditions on this subject have been locked for a week,just a suggestion.

FN

this is not the report and condition page, this is exactly where this should be! ;)

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2014, 01:41 AM »
At 2PM on 4/1 there were about 10 guys fishing Cranberry on the ice  and on Long Pond there were 20 guys fishing Long Pond from the shoreline! Never have seen such a  wierd season as this one for picks on where to go.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:49 PM »
The cranberry, Long Pond thread in Fishing reports has been locked since March 27 ??????
Anyway, The ice is just gone from the shore along the edgemere drive side of Long Pond and the long poles are out.  I fished Cranberry Pond today but that is it for me. The ice was loaded with air bubbles and the area adjacent to a lot of the old holes has eroded away. I spudded as much as two feet away from some old holes and the spud went through on second or third hit. Did manage a few perch and a nice crappie for my last trip on the hardwater.
The best part of the day was when this nut came speeding up to me as I got in my car screaming out the window that I could not park there and asked me if I could read the sign next to my parked car. Sure can - No parking Nov 1-April 1! I guess some people need a life.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.