New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hunt-n-Cheeks Ice Fishing 2014  (Read 211669 times)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cheeks13 and Huntny30's ice fishing thread!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:18 PM »
You too Snagger!!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:21 PM »
how come its huntny30 and cheeks13 thread on the mhf but cheeks13 and huntny30 on the shanty?? does that imply that hunt is better at the hunt and cheeks is better at the fish? ha enjoyed the hunt thread this should b interesting as well. giv me a shout when u guys hit the pond i live 3 min from it. Ramrod out :tipup:
No, I'm better at both, but I let him have his name first on MHF. No, really it's because he started the thread on MHF and I started this one so I put my name first. Yeah, this thread should be pretty good. Can't wait for ice. Going to the show Sat. morning. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #32 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Followed your thread on mhf can't wait to follow this one
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:08 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHH is this getting deep! ::) I go out of country for a little trip and my skills are just ripped apart...first off I have taught Cheeks everything he knows about fishing...fishing was my life since I was in diapers...I taught him how to catch salmon and I taught him how to cast a bait caster...as for ice fishing (I am active duty Navy) I always take my vacation during hunting season and the fact that we got into this later in life he did help me a little on the tactics and lingo of ice fishing...once the rod is in hand though it is still fishing...he does hang my one treestand because I am a bit scared of heights, and if I do it it wont be as high as it needs to be... :P Now that that is off my chest, I will be giving a last ditch effort to fill one more deer tag this week and then I'll be focusing on making this thread a good one... ;D

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2010, 01:59 PM »
I'll give you the bait caster thing, but as for salmon... come on dude. We were equal rivals on that river until we joined forces. ;D But that was a long time ago. Maybe it's time to show you what's what again. ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:46 PM »
First stop Ice Fishing show on Saturday morning, hopefully with a good hunting story from tomorrow...

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 09, 2010, 03:44 PM »
First stop breakfast, then Ice show!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:25 AM »
I hope you guys show up tomorow with a good hunting story....   Good luck and see ya at the show.........   Walter out!!! 8)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:27 AM »
Had to come into work this morning, but will be out by 9. Should be in the woods by lunch time. I hope we have a story for you too Walter. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:49 AM »
hope to see you guys there. would like to meet all of you.
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:39 AM »
 :o
Boy the Cheeks and Hunt show is on the road, with special guest Walter!!(emphasis on Special) LOL, he was saying the guys here are nicer to him.
Time to get the blades sharp, the lines checked and replaced if needed, the supply of hand and toe warmers, yes because I'm a wimp. Hope you guys have as good an ice season as you did in the woods chasing tails!!
Oletimer(upstatehunter) out!! 8)

Offline adksavage

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Good luck out there oletimer. Stay safe. ;D

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Good to see so many familiar people over here...looking forward to the show...hope to meet a few people, it will be weird talking to someone in person when you have been talking on a forum for so long...its like alot of us know each other but have never met...out to the woods for one last ditch effort...hope there is a good story tomorrow too...later...hunt out! :thumbsup:

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Good luck Hunt!!
We are always safe with ice, People were laughing at us last year. We had the ropes out ready on the first day out on New Years day. There was almost 8" of ice, but until you get on and check it you just never know.

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:57 AM »
0800 off to breakfast with the boys and then on to the Syracuse show...what do I need or what will I buy this year... ???

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:01 AM »
See you guys there...   By the way I like my coffee black.. ::) ::) ::)  They sell it in side the show so you dont have to bring it in with you... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:32 AM »
I like my ice shantys black... in a one man version.  ;D ;D ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:34 AM »
Good to see you here oletimer. Looking forward to another great ice season. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Hey guys, I just want to say it was great to shake your hands today...  Thanks for the coffee Cheeks....  Walter out!!! 8)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 11, 2010, 06:56 PM »
You're welcome. Nice meeting you too. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 11, 2010, 07:05 PM »
I already answered you on MHF Raquette...how many IS folks signed in today?  Anyway I bought a bunch of my favorite jigs, some new jigs to try and a new rod, a new rod case and a hat...alot better than what I spent last year...a couple more days of chasing deer then I'll focus on this season...

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Got my buck tag filled today, now it's time to focus on fishing. Bring on the ice!!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Joe Snag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just Waiting for Deer season to open
« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Good going buddy---Joe here---
if it wasn't raining today I'd be fishin--
[

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Yep definitely time for fishing mode...today was a good cap to a long, fun and exciting season...now on to getting some seafood into the freezer...

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:33 PM »
OK... You guys are done hunting, now lets see some fish pictures... ;D ;D ;D ;D     Walter out!!! 8)

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:35 PM »
I thought the southern zone was a week of M/L or Bow starting tomorrow....Just a few more points guys!! ;D

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:46 AM »
Gonna be tough for me. Don't have time to get out after work, and my weekend is booked with family obligations. Not sure what Hunt's schedule is like. I think he might be headed South for a day. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:50 PM »
I can't see how I am gonna get out again...and stay married...

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:51 PM »
LOL!! Thats easy, you call in sick....Then leave like your going to work....Have all your clothes and M/L in the truck and head south young man!! If you get caught, Cheeks told you to.... ::)

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:38 AM »
That sounds good on paper but trust me won't work...this snow is out of control anyway, sometimes the weather just lets you know that the season is changing again...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.