New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hunt-n-Cheeks Ice Fishing 2014  (Read 211671 times)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hunt-n-Cheeks Ice Fishing 2014
« on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Hello all. Glad to be back at the Shanty!!! We had a thread on MHF if you didn't know. Seemed to be pretty popular there so we are gonna try it again here. We post pics and stories and we bust on each other pretty good. You guys are welcome to post and comment in fact we encourage it. Here's to a good Ice season. I guess my first disscussion can be this.... Anyone know where to get the Frabill adjustable wind poles for the flip shantys? Thanks for the help. Cheeks out!!!! @)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Cheeks13 and Huntny30's ice fishing thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Now this is a thread I will follow real close.. ;)   I know you guys can kill deer but lets see your ice fishing skills.. ;D  I hope you dont chase all of Hunts fish away with your wheeler... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   Walter out!!! 8)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2010, 09:46 AM »
I taught Hunt everything he knows about ice fishing so he should be in good shape for the season. As for the wheeler... gonna be a while before I'm scaring any fish away with that. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:59 AM »
I taught Hunt everything he knows about ice fishing so he should be in good shape for the season. As for the wheeler... gonna be a while before I'm scaring any fish away with that. Cheeks out!!! 8)

here we go again ....  :o    ......   although i am still hunting  ;)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2010, 11:10 AM »

So is this like hunting where you set his stands and put him in good spots??   Will you be drilling his holes, setting up the shanty and setting his tip ups?? ;D ;D ;D   Just kidding Hunt.... ;) ;)    Like I said on your hunting thread,, I need a buddy like you Cheeks.....    ;D ;D ;D  Seems like I'm more in your position with my friends...... Walter out!!! 8)     

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010, 11:32 AM »
It's rough taking care of him all the time, but the smile on his face when he has success is priceless. ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Here are some pics to get the blood pumping. Cheeks out!!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Here are some pics to get the blood pumping. Cheeks out!!!

(Image removed from quote.)
hey is that my shack in the back ground there  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2010, 12:39 PM »
wheres the big slime darts?!?

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Probably is H.T. I know you spend alot of time there. Those slime darts came from "The Pond". Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Looking foward to keeping track of you guy's over here!!  Bog out   ;D

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Thanks Bog. Looking forward to hearing from all of you guys too. Gonna be a good year. It's gotta be better than last year. :-\ Cheeks out!!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:18 AM »
i dont know about you cheeks but i had a hard time finding the crappies last year at our spot. i had no trouble with the gills and perch what so ever. But i just could not find consistancy on the Crappies. how did you do with them last year?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:26 AM »
HT those guys are trophy hunters..   They don't want any stinking crappies.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:30 AM »
Same here H.T. I was dissappointed with the Craps last season. Did ok with them on the open water there in the spring, but there wasn't any size to 'em. Let alot go free, maybe they grew up over the summer. I wonder if the water being low last year had anything to do with it? We won't have a low water problem this year. ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:32 AM »
Walter, I'm shocked :o... you of all people should know that Crappies are trophys!!! ;D Cheeks out!!!! 8)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2010, 06:40 AM »
Walter, I'm shocked :o... you of all people should know that Crappies are trophy's!!! ;D Cheeks out!!!! 8)
your DA* right Crappies are trophy's in our book. great eating for sure thru the ice. getiing a limit of those thru the ice is like shooting a 150 class buck Walter  ;D ;D ;D you are correct about the low water effecting the crappie bite i think. well the water level is up like you said for this season so we will see if that prediction is correct. we should hook up for a couple of evening trips for those elusive fish this season.  8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2010, 07:38 AM »
I dont know why, but as the sun sets I cant keep those stinking things off my jig... ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Nice mess of fish Walter. Must be the 9" size limit doesn't apply in the "foothills" ::) Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Nice mess of fish Walter. Must be the 9" size limit doesn't apply in the "foothills" ::) Cheeks out!!! 8)
OUCH  ??? ??? ::) ::) :P ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:39 PM »
OUCH  ??? ??? ::) ::) :P ;D

Oh that didn't hurt HT...  All my buddys treat me like that... ;) ;) ;)  Its just that my little 9 inches look small next to his BIG 10 inch... ;D ;D ;D   Walter out!!! 8)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2010, 01:10 PM »

Oh that didn't hurt HT...  All my buddys treat me like that... ;) ;) ;)  Its just that my little 9 inches look small next to his BIG 10 inch... ;D ;D ;D   Walter out!!! 8)
Ya well you should have a freind like Gamma  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P ;D

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Nice pile of crappie! Time for a fishfry! ;D

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:24 AM »
i will be watching this post as well.i saw the one on the hunting forum and was overwhelmed when i saw all those pages,but now that i have read this one from the beginning i can look daily.i think your topic was just as popular as the kill count one!good luck this year guys.

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Thanks Dan, you do the same. Glad you liked our thread. I'm thinking this one will be just as good. H.T., I'll try to remember to let you know when we are headed there. Sounds like a good time to me!!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:15 AM »
Thanks Dan, you do the same. Glad you liked our thread. I'm thinking this one will be just as good. H.T., I'll try to remember to let you know when we are headed there. Sounds like a good time to me!!! Cheeks out!!! 8)
i will get a hold of fishhead this week so he can keep us updated on the ice situation up there. he live 2 miles from our spot 8)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2010, 05:18 AM »
Sounds like a plan. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:54 AM »
What do you guys know about the eskimo quick flips? Buddy of mine is looking and I don't know much about em. Thanks... Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline hamrhandle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:10 AM »
how come its huntny30 and cheeks13 thread on the mhf but cheeks13 and huntny30 on the shanty?? does that imply that hunt is better at the hunt and cheeks is better at the fish? ha enjoyed the hunt thread this should b interesting as well. giv me a shout when u guys hit the pond i live 3 min from it. Ramrod out :tipup:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 07, 2010, 11:50 AM »

Hope you  and Hunter have a great Ice Season Cheeks!!!!! ;D
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.