New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Oneida Lake bs thread  (Read 278833 times)

Offline father o millions

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Oneida Lake bs thread
« Reply #60 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:35 AM »
I'm in lower s. bay now,...there has been ice here since yesterday morning,...just a little,...the gulls r walking on it but it's breakin' up now,......hopefully we don't get a foot of snow on the ice before it gets good enough to walk,...anyone know if sandy pond has a coat of ice?

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #61 on: Nov 29, 2010, 01:16 PM »
I'm not in a giving mood.................. ..........yet !   ;) ;D ;D ;D    You'll know it when it happens because all your buddies will have new jigs and plastics  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: >:D >:D ;D ;D
you know i just happen to have some tastey venison in the freezer and a whole pile of slim jims  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :afro:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Nov 29, 2010, 03:55 PM »
you know i just happen to have some tastey venison in the freezer and a whole pile of slim jims  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :afro:
Let's meet up one of these days somewhere up near C Square !   Maybe BK or Dunkin Donut (even though I hate their coffee)
   I'll show ya a thing or two......and maybe even give you a couple of things  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Nov 29, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Let's meet up one of these days somewhere up near C Square !   Maybe BK or Dunkin Donut (even though I hate their coffee)
  I'll show ya a thing or two......and maybe even give you a couple of thing's ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
i thought that might get your attention for a bit. i stopped over and visited are brother Trapper for a bit the other day and we had a talk. can not say what it was about but your name came up once or twice  :blink: :blink: :blink: :whistle: :whistle: ;D i will PM you soon and i will buy you some breakfast and we can talk about the up coming ice season a littile more in the seriously for a bit ;)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #64 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:10 PM »
 good luck with that gig at Oneida Sport!!!!   You been sitting on the Pond too long catching those 6 inch perch!!    :woot:
                       Buckeyes baby!!!!

For all the REAl Oneida Lake guys and old timers out there, feel free to chime in any time and tell me where to shove it , I'm only a ball buster and like too talk BS..  I'm always learning and watching!!!!
yea ok when was the last time you even used bait  :blink: i' like to use bass bait and keep the little ones at bay  ::) yoo kid [HT] lets try those tippies in 40' we don't set that long enough to put them out pickem up move and start all over again and besides we're to old and slow to be running after flags ,kid if i fish for flatties you must come out and show me and snag how it's done with tippies  ;) us old guys need to catch up with all the new ways ,gamma i'm on your side i get my stuff first because i'm old and need an advantage

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:18 PM »
yea ok when was the last time you even used bait  :blink: i' like to use bass bait and keep the little ones at bay  ::) yoo kid [HT] lets try those tippies in 40' we don't set that long enough to put them out pickem up move and start all over again and besides we're to old and slow to be running after flags ,kid if i fish for flatties you must come out and show me and snag how it's done with tippies  ;) us old guys need to catch up with all the new ways ,gamma i'm on your side i get my stuff first because i'm old and need an advantage
man i might have to watch Grumpy old men again before i set foot on the ice with you guys. i dont need tip ups just so you know. i can do the cage match with out them.  :P :P :P :P

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:52 PM »
 snag and i don't need to cage anything we fish just to fill the freezer remember every dog has his day even the old hounds  :woot:

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Nov 29, 2010, 08:33 PM »
boy h.t u might as well just give up  ;)   happy i m on there team  :-X   don't worry the old man wont put to bad a beat down on u  ::)
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:12 PM »
i thought that might get your attention for a bit. i stopped over and visited are brother Trapper for a bit the other day and we had a talk. can not say what it was about but your name came up once or twice  :blink: :blink: :blink: :whistle: :whistle: ;D i will PM you soon and i will buy you some breakfast and we can talk about the up coming ice season a littile more in the seriously for a bit ;)
Sounds like a plan to me !       I'm beginning to get the itch real bad after seeing those pictures of Toad Harbor and Johnsons bay tightened up a little !
  As far as being serious, the only time I get serious is when I step on the ice and when I sit at the dinner table ! ;D ;D ;D

I'll bet Trapper had nothing but good things to say about me too !! :whistle: :whistle: ;D

yea ok when was the last time you even used bait  :blink: i' like to use bass bait and keep the little ones at bay  ::) yoo kid [HT] lets try those tippies in 40' we don't set that long enough to put them out pickem up move and start all over again and besides we're to old and slow to be running after flags ,kid if i fish for flatties you must come out and show me and snag how it's done with tippies  ;) us old guys need to catch up with all the new ways ,gamma i'm on your side i get my stuff first because i'm old and need an advantage
No doubt Freddy.  We who carry the F.O.O.F.F.O.  Card,  (Federation of Old Fart Fishermen Organization) have seniority and rights over those who aren't affiliated ! 
   We get to meet at an honorable drinking establishment and consume mass quantities of natures finest while setting the game plan and arming each other with the finest ice fishing tackle and knowlege available  ;D ;D

PS:   I'm headed to the paint booth shortly ! ;) ;)

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #69 on: Nov 30, 2010, 07:27 AM »
Sounds like a plan to me !       I'm beginning to get the itch real bad after seeing those pictures of Toad Harbor and Johnsons bay tightened up a little !
  As far as being serious, the only time I get serious is when I step on the ice and when I sit at the dinner table ! ;D ;D ;D

I'll bet Trapper had nothing but good things to say about me too !! :whistle: :whistle: ;D
No doubt Freddy.  We who carry the F.O.O.F.F.O.  Card,  (Federation of Old Fart Fishermen Organization) have seniority and rights over those who aren't affiliated ! 
   We get to meet at an honorable drinking establishment and consume mass quantities of natures finest while setting the game plan and arming each other with the finest ice fishing tackle and knowlege available  ;D ;D

PS:   I'm headed to the paint booth shortly ! ;) ;)

Thats more like it!!!

Say,....what are the age requirements for becoming a member of this most ELITE organization?   I believe I possess the required skills.... ;D 

FOOFFO!!!!! :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #70 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:03 AM »
ok i decided im gonna get serious about ice fishin oneida this year , i have tryed several times with verry limited success and would like to hook up with the pros lol

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #71 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:04 AM »
!
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Thats more like it!!!

Say,....what are the age requirements for becoming a member of this most ELITE organization?   I believe I possess the required skills.... Grin

FOOFFO!!!!! Thumbs up ROFLMAO

Well John, It's like this !   50 years old is the earliest you can join but for entry at that age, you have to have an encyclopedia of medical records that show that you've paid your dues on the ice and water  :o :o   Hook removals, fractured knee caps, bulging discs, head lumps, broken fingers, wrists, back surgeries, frontal lobotomies etc, etc !
  Without meeting that criteria, 55 is the minimum age ! 
  I'm thinking you have about 5 to 10 years to go !

The door is open though ! ;) ;) ;D

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #73 on: Nov 30, 2010, 11:39 AM »
Well John, It's like this !   50 years old is the earliest you can join but for entry at that age, you have to have an encyclopedia of medical records that show that you've paid your dues on the ice and water  :o :o   Hook removals, fractured knee caps, bulging discs, head lumps, broken fingers, wrists, back surgeries, frontal lobotomies etc, etc !

You guys will all be dead by the time I get the required time on the ice, I got all the injuries covered though!!!! ;D
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Nov 30, 2010, 01:33 PM »

LOL!!! well then I guess being the tender age of 42, I'll just have to be patient and wait my turn to step up to greatness!!! :sick:

But at the same time does that mean I no longer have to put you " distinguished" gentleman on any more good bites??  ;D

Well if it makes you feel any better, I can barely walk some days....My knees, feet, ankles and hips are SHOT!!! :'(

ICE ADDICT circa 2012

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #75 on: Nov 30, 2010, 02:41 PM »

John what's your Prediction for first safe ice on the Broad part of Oneida Lake ?...say 23 feet  and deeper ?  Could be a tricky winter , all the weather guys are predicting above normal temps this winter with a well above normal February.. Hope it aint stormy !!

I remember my first year ice fishin Oneida in 03/04 .....february was really warm and sunny but the nights were cold , it was an awesome month to learn ice fishin......fishing in sweatshirts... ;D... We had good ice prior and with little snow just kept building ice , even though on paper it went down as a well above normal month for temps..

I'm predicting January 6th.....
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

adam2000

« Reply #76 on: Nov 30, 2010, 07:49 PM »
 Good luck with that gig at Oneida Sport!!!!   You been sitting on the Pond too long catching those 6 inch perch!!    :woot:
                       Buckeyes baby!!!!

For all the REAl Oneida Lake guys and old timers out there, feel free to chime in any time and tell me where to shove it , I'm only a ball buster and like too talk BS..  I'm always learning and watching!!!!

buckeyes dont work   ;)

adam2000

« Reply #77 on: Nov 30, 2010, 07:52 PM »
man i might have to watch Grumpy old men again before i set foot on the ice with you guys. i dont need tip ups just so you know. i can do the cage match with out them.  :P :P :P :P

ht look out im on iceshanty now, dont worry the home made tipdowns i have are worth there wait in gold for perch, find some ice im ready

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Nov 30, 2010, 08:10 PM »
            John what's your Prediction for first safe ice on the Broad part of Oneida Lake ?...say 23 feet  and deeper ?  Could be a tricky winter , all the weather guys are predicting above normal temps this winter with a well above normal February.. Hope it aint stormy !!

I remember my first year ice fishin Oneida in 03/04 .....february was really warm and sunny but the nights were cold , it was an awesome month to learn ice fishin......fishing in sweatshirts... ;D... We had good ice prior and with little snow just kept building ice , even though on paper it went down as a well above normal month for temps..

I agree it hasn't been till after the 1st of Jan. for deeper water, so I'm going to say,.... Jan 3rd. Hopefully earlier!

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:34 AM »

I hope so. Walleyes are still shallow till the middle of January. I love first and last ice.

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:43 AM »
LOL!!! well then I guess being the tender age of 42, I'll just have to be patient and wait my turn to step up to greatness!!! :sick:

But at the same time does that mean I no longer have to put you " distinguished" gentleman on any more good bites??  ;D

Well if it makes you feel any better, I can barely walk some days....My knees, feet, ankles and hips are SHOT!!! :'(
Just the opposite !   ;D ;D  Seniority prevails !      Take us to your school(s)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Dec 01, 2010, 06:28 AM »

Don't believe the weather man this year buddy, the signs I have been getting is for a very hard winter. I do this prediction from several things I have seen. My little friend Alvin the chipmunk who shares my workshop with me has been putting away seeds like mad the last 3 weeks. I have seen squirrels packing in the apples from our apple trees, and they are eating fruit off them more than they usually do. You can also tell by the amounts of berries on plants, and this year the elderberries were wadded with fruit, enough for the critters to stock up on for the winter. I made some heluva good jam from it as well, good stuff.

I think it will be cold as hell, lots of good ice with just enough snow on top to keep your sliders cooled off. We will be on bb by xmas and the pond as well. We will be on the main lake for the brave on the 1st or the 8th of January, as they are the first Saturdays when the nuts go out.

cny

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #82 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:59 AM »
just watched the weather forcast and they are calling for a verry cold december !! also i agree with cny the deer i got this year was covered in more fat than i have seen in years and had longer hair than i have ever seen. cant wait to get out on some ponds and play to warm up for the big o ;D ;D ;D

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:53 AM »

Well Shane, since you asked. I, like CNY am making my own predictions based on my own observations.

I noticed the other day while grocery shopping, the REALLY FAT people are stocking up on Peanut Butter and jelly, Pop tarts, Hostess cup cakes and Twinkies like I've never seen before!!  :o

I noticed Scrawny folks at Wal Mart with shopping carts filled to overflowing with Wool socks, long johns, mittens, knit caps and LOTS of warm bedding ie; comforters and quilts....

My local weather man said he's planning on wintering in Florida this year cause he's fears a COLD and SNOWY winter!!! ::)

I have a whole new family of Skunks living under my front steps, burrowed down about 5 feet...whatever that means... :-\

The hawks in my neighborhood have been constantly and consistently thinning out the squirrel, rabbit and pigeon populations....

The fuel gas companies have jacked their rates up like never before, in preparation for a record breaking heating season!!

And finally, I noticed a snow shoe rabbit come out of his burrow and see his shadow, signaling a COLDER and LONGER than usual winter!!! ;D

Other than that, I predict we'll be on Oneida lake, on foot by Christmas. And running machines by the beginning of January.( The first weekend for us working stiff's) !!

If thats how it plays out, that would be perfect in my book...I DO however have a feeling that lake will NOT dodge the bullet when it comes to snow fall, I think it will be a constant hinderance all winter!!  Hopefully the predictions for lots of ups and downs will be right, allowing for more ice to be made due to melt off...

ICE ADDICT circa 2012

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Just the opposite !   ;D ;D  Seniority prevails !      Take us to your school(s)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK old man, you can follow me whenever you'd like! Just make sure your REAL EARLY, and your machines fast!!  ;)

ICE ADDICT circa 2012

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:39 AM »
OK old man, you can follow me whenever you'd like! Just make sure your REAL EARLY, and your machines fast!!  ;)
That's no way to respect your elders ! ;D ;D ;D
  I'm going to post a picture of my set up last winter.  Maybe then, you'll understand why us old guys need some assistance ! ;D ;D

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:57 PM »
That's no way to respect your elders ! ;D ;D ;D
  I'm going to post a picture of my set up last winter.  Maybe then, you'll understand why us old guys need some assistance ! ;D ;D

ALWAYS willing to help out a fellow fisher!

ICE ADDICT circa 2012

Offline JimmBob

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Big Dog Comin'
« Reply #87 on: Dec 01, 2010, 01:21 PM »
Snow mobile started on second pull today- an omen for sure for early ice. :)
J.R.

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Dec 01, 2010, 01:50 PM »
You guys better hope you can get on the lake by Christmas. Because in the middle of January we are going to have 50 degree temps and a thaw for a week. So if we are not on by Christmas, there will not be enough ice to withstand the heatwave and we will need volunteers with row boats to take us fishing.  ;D

As for the snow, the lake is going to get 93.5 inches. You guys north of the lake, your on your own with your 200 inches. The snow on the lake will be a couple inches here and there until March. March will piss off all those who enjoyed the easy walking all winter. It will also piss off all those who curse these winter months, thinking it is going to end early any day now. We will get hammered and will be walking through the snow to our favorite trout streams on April 1st for a change.

I have already put the bass boat up for the winter, so who is taking me out in the rowboat this January  :icefish:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Dec 01, 2010, 01:58 PM »
You guys better hope you can get on the lake by Christmas. Because in the middle of January we are going to have 50 degree temps and a thaw for a week. So if we are not on by Christmas, there will not be enough ice to withstand the heatwave and we will need volunteers with row boats to take us fishing.  ;D

As for the snow, the lake is going to get 93.5 inches. You guys north of the lake, your on your own with your 200 inches. The snow on the lake will be a couple inches here and there until March. March will piss off all those who enjoyed the easy walking all winter. It will also piss off all those who curse these winter months, thinking it is going to end early any day now. We will get hammered and will be walking through the snow to our favorite trout streams on April 1st for a change.

I have already put the bass boat up for the winter, so who is taking me out in the rowboat this January  :icefish:

your prediction SUCKS :P i like everyone elses though  ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.