New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Delta Lake  (Read 86962 times)

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: delta
« Reply #60 on: Jan 15, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Guess where I am?  ;)

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:34 PM »
hopefully not on delta ranger, sence it was just yesterday you were telling everyone to stay away from there because its not safe, so you might wanna listen to your own ice reports

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Jan 15, 2012, 04:42 PM »
went out on the back set and in front of the beach today, ice was good no problems walked almost all the way across the channel on the back set

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:28 PM »
hopefully not on delta ranger, sence it was just yesterday you were telling everyone to stay away from there because its not safe, so you might wanna listen to your own ice reports
Yup I was on Delta...I wasn't going to fish it only check the ice to give a report but to my surprise there was about 6". So I figured why not try it seeing I had my gear in the truck. After I set up I was joined by two other fishermen. I went almost all the way across the lake out by the beach. I fished in 30 fow with 5"-6" of ice and ventured to 50fow with 5" on it. Brought home some slob perch whic are defrosting in the sink.

Offline floatsgone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:44 PM »
you go out of westernville side? thanks for the report ranger u may have saved me a bunch of gas money.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:52 PM »
I was on the Rome side. If you go out there please bring your safety gear. I did notice a pressure crack that broke loose while I was in my shanty. Use caution and your spud bar. Be safe.

Offline hockey316m

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Been to delta a few times to ice fish and have never caught Anything. Went out from the beach , any advice ?!?

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:54 AM »
i just walked out on delta accross the beach side and it looked good saw several people out on the lake :tipup: ill be out there tomorrow with bells and whistles on!
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline Northern26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:16 PM »
Heading out friday
Just staying occupied until deer season

Offline MarcumMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:26 PM »
The ice is great on the dessert my friends pulled their permanent shack out on the ice with their ATV by Stokes Cove...   :)

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #70 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Be on the ice tomorrow! Can't wait! :tipup:

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:30 AM »
im headed to delta after i use the head hopefully the rain holds out
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:59 AM »
On delta as we speak the ice is good about 7 inches of ice total 4 inches of black ice across the beach.....the dinks keep robbing me hopefully I get on the slab perch soon!!

Offline NY Ice Difter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Delta Lake
« Reply #73 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Hey Guys,
I was out on delta by the time your posts were on here there was 4 and a half inches of good ice and me and my buddy had no troubles or worries. we went agian this monday plenty of guys out on good old delta. along with wheelers and i saw an ice house. we had a solid 6 to 8 inches everywhere. it was cold and the fish werent that hot but we got some decent perch and pike. the bigeyes are still eluding us tho. delta is one of my primary lakes il keep you posted.
Marcum Showdown Dual Beam. Its Almost Like Cheating. Almost ;)

High Flags , Tight Lines and Clear Sky's to ya

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing like a warm clam...
« Reply #74 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:18 PM »
there is a new bait shop in the delta plaza called out on on a limb

The ad I saved from last year has the shop named "Outdoor Connections"...same place? Anyone know their hours, and what they have in minnows?
If you pack it in, pack it out.

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Is there any weird currents that flow thru there i use a sled and have a good amount of gear
Tight lines. Ice 'em and be safe

Offline NY Ice Difter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:35 PM »
ya there is usually the channel is thin and there are a few spots where natural springs keep the water movin witch makes for thin ice early on as well as good fishing. but theres plenty of ice now like i said i saw ice houses out as well as wheelers.
Marcum Showdown Dual Beam. Its Almost Like Cheating. Almost ;)

High Flags , Tight Lines and Clear Sky's to ya

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Thanks drifter. Do you kno the lake well? Pm me if you have more info on the place.  :-\

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:55 AM »
Great thanks guys. If i get up there soon ill let ya know how i did

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:42 AM »
would love to know if delta is still safe after this weather....keep me updated i want to go up today around 11 if anyone has any updates today....thanks bigZ

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:10 AM »
would love to know if delta is still safe after this weather....keep me updated i want to go up today around 11 if anyone has any updates today....thanks bigZ
A little late but here you go. Still safe as of 10pm last night with 7". When I left the ice there was a lot of water on the ice but it was good sill. Some spots looked sketchy but it was just black ice.

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Ranger....How did you do last night?  Any slobs ?

Offline fourskis4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Hey Limb1,

What are the hours at this new bait shop and what kind of bait are they supplying ?

Offline fourskis4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 18, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Buddy of mine caught 2 small tigers out of delta last summer.  He asked the DEC about it and they said they must have gotten there by mistake, sometimes the fry gets into the wrong tank truck.  sounds like BS to me.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #84 on: Jan 18, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Last I knew there wasnt a hatchery that they produced Walleye/Tiger Musky together in the same facility at least I dont think they do in constantia, and I believe that the hatchery that stocks Delta, But im not positive... There also isnt any listing of Tiger Musky being stocked in Delta on the DEC website.. Only Walleye stocked 5.2million 1/2 inch fry..

Maybe he is confusing a small Pikerel for a small Tiger or maybe there was some natural cross breading between a Pike and a Pickerel if thats at all possible..
With that said, Ive seen people on many occasions confuse Pickerel/Pike/Musky and Tigers... I have also seen many photos of Northerns with some strange abnormal markings.. Be great if he had some photos to share of them on a recognizable area of Delta...
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 18, 2012, 02:21 PM »
just got off delta its great 7-8 inches of ice....no fish though only had a couple hours to fish  >:( :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Ranger....How did you do last night?  Any slobs ?
I caught some perch and finally my first eye through the ice. My first walleye and it was a dink ::) :o

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:59 PM »
bigzin how deep of water were you fishing that you had the 7-8 inches of ice. I was out there monday and there was 7 in but that was only 12 fow cuz the lake was making noise and my wife wouldnt go any farther out

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Although the question was not directed towards me here is mu .02. I was there sunday over 50 fow with 7" and lastnight in 30-40 fow with 7-8".

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:04 PM »
thanks ranger and that was a nice walleye Im still waiting for my first through the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.