The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tuscarora Drawdown  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tuscarora Drawdown
« on: Nov 26, 2023, 09:21 AM »
Bad news if you like to ice fish this lake. They will be messing with the level quite a bit and it is already drawn way down from what friends have told me.[urlhttps://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/FindAPark/TuscaroraStatePark/Pages/default.aspx][/url]

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tuscarora Drawdown
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2023, 12:37 PM »
How deep is that lake?  Do you think it will still be accessible during draw down?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2023, 05:39 PM »
I took the boat up a couple days before Thanksgiving not knowing about the drawdown. It was down I would say over 20ft. Decent sized channel of water going down the center so the fish should make it ok. IMO with how low it is they should just close it to fishing until the level is back up. Guys were arriving to work on it as I was leaving.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2023, 05:59 PM »
By the DCNR website the work should be about completed by now & they should be refilling it now.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2023, 07:36 PM »
I'd be surprised if the work was done but I have a contact out that way. Last time he checked t was still way down and they hadn't stated filling it (about ten days ago)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2023, 01:01 PM »
I saw something on the local news about it earlier in the week. Said they were in the process of refilling it..........
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2023, 12:49 PM »
Good news if it's accurate. Hope they had it closed up before that last big rain.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2023, 05:37 PM »
I'd be surprised if the work was done but I have a contact out that way. Last time he checked t was still way down and they hadn't stated filling it (about ten days ago)
Van Ill send you some recent pictures of the lake its low. Should be great fishing  :icefish:

Offline HOLE_POKER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2024, 08:06 AM »
Don't forget to pick me up on your way Captain

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2024, 08:18 AM »
Captain the park rangers told me to get off the ice on a draw down. Told me the water rising on the lake makes it dangerous ice fishing. Just be aware before you make a trip there only to get chased out. Good luck be safe

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2024, 10:07 AM »
Captain the park rangers told me to get off the ice on a draw down. Told me the water rising on the lake makes it dangerous ice fishing. Just be aware before you make a trip there only to get chased out.
Nam I called the park office. The ranger told me that they will allow ice fishing at your own risk. The lake is not filled to its capacity yet. They are going to be drawing the water level down again too complete the work that needs to be finished. They are behind on the repairs. Due to all the rain we have had & now the snow melt !

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2024, 05:36 PM »
Will lucky to be finished by spring. Any project the state sanctions always takes way longer than it should.

Offline jitterbug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2024, 09:20 PM »
Was there yesterday it’s down about 8 feet and muddy

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2024, 11:10 AM »
Nam I called the park office. The ranger told me that they will allow ice fishing at your own risk. The lake is not filled to its capacity yet. They are going to be drawing the water level down again too complete the work that needs to be finished. They are behind on the repairs. Due to all the rain we have had & now the snow melt !

That’s great. Should be good fishing as well. Good Luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.