Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615368 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16980 on: Sep 18, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Day!    ;D.     50* and clear skies this am, high of 66. 

Wally...the new cap looks awesome, fine looking rig!  :clap:   Have a good feeling you and Mr.WW will have sore arms after this trip...best of luck with the salmon fishing!!    :thumbsup:
  Tom... hope your class went well and your wife is discharged today....best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...the flag is very visible from all the bright street lights, can’t miss it!   :thumbsup:  Wish I could take both Monday and Tuesday off to fish with the boys, but this will work!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope your day off the tree job has your “ limbs “ feeling better!  ;D.  Have a safe day with today’s project!  :thumbsup:

I’ve been working with and teaching an ambitious young laborer on our crew how to spread mortar and lay bricks on our free time at the shop...he’s considering joining our Union. We’ve been getting about a half hour or so in a day for about two weeks total now, started the week before I left on vacation.
  He’s been making great strides and has the desire to learn, which makes it easy for me. Yesterday, somebody was busting his balls about not having what it takes to be a mason, so I told him to show the guy what he’s learned so far.
  He put on a 10 minute exhibition of what he’s learned...it was awesome! He did everything he learned right and raised a few eyebrows in the process...proud moment for us both!   :thumbsup:   Hope he sticks with it! 
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16981 on: Sep 18, 2019, 03:56 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....kudos on the mentoring 😉

We’re on the road, hopefully there will be pictures to follow 😁

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16982 on: Sep 18, 2019, 04:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
                        It's 46* and a bright moon has filled the sky, the weather cat bugged me for an hour to get up so he could go out on the prowl. ::)
                        Eddie.........Kudos to you for taking the time to teach the young man, it will be worth his while to join your union.  :thumbsup: :flex:
                And he had a good teacher to boot. :clap:
                        Marv..........I hope you got the much needed rest that your body needed. Take it easy today. :flex:
                        Wally.........That's a nice looking truck cap, it should help with the gas mileage too. :flex: Good luck out there getting those salmon. :thumbsup:
                        Tom..........I hope your wife gets to come home today. :thumbsup:
                        I-45......... I hope you are feeling better, I'm rooting for you so you can take that trip. :thumbsup:
                        Steve........We had a great meal at the Maine Diner, I had a dish called "Clamoroma" it started out with a bowl of clam chowder then the
               main plate came with clam stripes, whole belly clams and two clam cakes, to finish dinner off we had apple crisp and vanilla ice cream. :flex:

I got the lawn mowed yesterday, it was much needed after growing for 10 days.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump day either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16983 on: Sep 18, 2019, 04:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day. Hoping to go back to the state park again today. Nice to be getting out. Mr Dickens was tired from running around on his leash.

WallyWorld, Have a safe trip and you’ll have a sore arm from catching all those Salmon.

Mason Eddie, Congratulations on the great job mentoring that young man.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16984 on: Sep 18, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

Cripes I feel late to the party ;D Rain on the doorstep which should be here through the noon hour.

WW fingers crossed today's the day :thumbsup:

Eddie "Attaboy" on the mentoring Sir! Hope you day goes well and you are able to keep your Dr appointment on Monday :thumbsup:

IW sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup: Nothing better to jump back into things than grabbing the lawn mower :thumbsup:

45 I sure hope the walks and fresh air helps. Take care :thumbsup:

Yesterday ended up being fairly busy. I spent the morning taking care of a few odds and ends then I got on my lawn mower and spent the rest of my day getting my lawn mowed. It appears today will be quiet with the batch of rain we have moving in. I am guessing it has already started.

I have a small trailer tire that I needed to get repaired. It's a smaller balloon tire on a poly wagon that I haul wood on. I brought it to a farm store and dropped it off. They had done the other trailer tire earlier this year while I waited. I dropped it off and was told they were busy but would have it by noon. Noon came and went and I didn't hear anything. Around 5:30 I called to see what was going on. They said they were busy so they hadn't gotten to it but would get it before closing at 6pm. I told the guy I wasn't in a hurry so whatever they needed to do, just fix it right.  I got a call at 5:55 and was told my tire was done. They said being I was in such a hurry they made sure and finish it before closing, although I couldn't pick it up until Wednesday morning. I said I never said anything about being in a hurry ??? He went on to say well whatever it's done now, the only problem is they didn't have the right tube so they put a smaller one in. He said if it goes flat in the next few uses just bring it back and they will fix it right, but it seems to be holding OK, so I should be good being I needed it so fast.

I don't know what it is about people not listening or paying attention, but it sure gets aggravating.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16985 on: Sep 18, 2019, 06:35 AM »
42* this morning.
IW, glad you had a great trip. Welcome back.
WW, the cap looks good and hope you have some luck out on the big pond.
Eddie, it is always best to learn a new job right the first time, from someone who has seen all the errors made by others in the past. How many times have we said " I wish I was his age and knew what I know now."
I went and had blood work done early yesterday, all is OK. Then I had an 8am appt to get oil change and tire rotation. Came home and got another load of stuff for the Salvation Army loaded into the wife's car. She will drop it off today after she has blood work done to check her med. levels.
The TELCO is sending a tech out NEXT week to work on our issues. It will have been 4 weeks. I try to be polite on the phone, but it is not always easy.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16986 on: Sep 18, 2019, 03:41 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Didn’t do much today. Headache was to bad to go anywhere. They have been working on the side of the house. They are doing a great job. My wife spent most of the day helping the downstairs neighbor.

Whopper Stopper, It is amazing how people don’t listen these days. That’s good the tire is working. Hope the rain stops soon.

Ice Wanderer, We’ve been to the Maine Diner. Very good food.

Hunts2long, Prayers that your wife’s blood work comes back good. Hope your oil change and tire rotation went well. Hope telco gets everything fixed soon.

I hope everyone had a great day and they have a good night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16987 on: Sep 19, 2019, 02:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and cool 45*,  temp suppose to bottom out at 40 this morning before bouncing back to a high of 69 today.

I-45... hope they can get a handle on those darn headaches soon and today’s a better day... :thumbsup:
  H2...best wishes sent for your wife today with the blood work.  :thumbsup:  Can understand your frustration with the TelCo...might be worth another call to speak to a supervisor? 
  Marv...I think some of the people these days can’t actually comprehend anything unless it’s texted to them...even then it’s probably questionable, lol. Hope the tire holds up!   :thumbsup:   
  Jeff...sounds like a fine meal at the Maine Diner, big fan of clams myself!   :thumbsup:   One of these days I’ll venture to Maine, that’s only state on the eastern seaboard I haven’t seen yet.
  Wally...hope the salmon have been giving you and Mr.WW a workout! Good luck with today’s battles!!   :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the nice words concerning the young man I’m training, honestly, it’s really been a pleasure on my end.  :thumbsup:
  Spoke to one of our Union board members yesterday about the training sessions we’ve been having and got the approval to carry forward. Put in a request for some of the learning tools and books associated with our apprenticeship program to do the job properly and that was granted...might even see them today!    :thumbsup:
  Time to get ready for 8 more....Cawfee’s on!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16988 on: Sep 19, 2019, 04:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 37* Looks like its going to be in the 70s today. Going to the headache clinic this morning. Hoping they’ll be able to do something.

Mason Eddie, That’s great the Union approved that boys training goes ahead. Will he now go into the Apprenticeship program?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16989 on: Sep 19, 2019, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's another bright morning here on my hill oh and it's chilly, 41*. ::)
                           Eddie........Maine is a great place to visit, as soon as you enter the state on I-95 you have Kittery Trading Post then up toward
                Portland is Cabella's in Scarborough Me. And if you like seafood nothing better than Maine Lobster. :thumbsup: :clap:
                          Marv..........If the tube is a little undersized it should hold up. ??? I hope today brings better weather for you to finish the tree job. :flex:
                          H2L...........I hope the wife's blood work has a good report to follow. :thumbsup:
                          I-45..........I'm sorry your headaches continue, I was hoping when I got back I would read that they had lightened up some. :whistle:
                          Wally........I hope yesterdays fishing was productive, those salmon have to be making their run by now. :thumbsup: :flex:
                          The weather has been absolutely beautiful the few days and looks to continue for the rest of the week and into next. :thumbsup:
                          Not much going on here just doing my arm exercises and it is improving everyday. I can do the finger ladder up to the top step
                right off the bat. :flex:
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fshing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16990 on: Sep 19, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Good morning Eddie, 45! Good morning everyone :bow:

I was going to go to my tree job this morning but the s-i-l talked me into another shot at the musky lake so I am heading out to get things hooked up.

Eddie great news about the tools and books, lucky young man having you in his corner :thumbsup:

45 I sure hope the headache clinic can bring some relief.

WW hope you and the Mr are stacking them up :thumbsup:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16991 on: Sep 19, 2019, 06:41 AM »
38* degrees this morning. Was going to go fishing but bait shop wasn't open yesterday so put it off until Friday. Might have been a little cool out there.
We should hear from NYC today on the wife's blood work. They do it just to keep an eye on her MEDS. She is feeling fine.
I did speak to the Union Hall in Rochester. I guess it is the same everywhere. Customer service is not an option. No one even knows what country CS is in. The girl I talked to the other day said she "couldn't tell me where she was". She did tell me she had worked there for a month. The local's membership has dropped from 1700 to only 325.They had almost 325 at the clam bake last Sunday. Most were retired members. Cell phones really took its toll on telephone workers. We still have a land line but even that comes over the internet. If both internet are out-of-service it is 3 mile drive to use the cell phone.

I have been watching the "County Music" special on PBS. It is very well done and the pictures of from the early years are great. Those people were truly were the back bone of this county. It seems everyone had the same problems and got along just fine with each other.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16992 on: Sep 19, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Try again!!!! I went to help the wife and when I got back the post I had started was gone. now it is erasing what is posted if I try to make a correction

The wife got out of the hospital on Tuesday. She was good but she woke up with a swollen leg on Wednesday. She has to be in bed all of the time with ice packs on her leg. They used to send a nurse every other day for a week but that is a thing of the past.

H2L Customer service is a thing off the past. Trying to speak to a human is a trying experience. If I call and get some on I know is out of the country I demand to talk to some one in the USA.

I45 hopefully the headache clinic can find you relief from the nasty head aches.

WS A day fishing is always better than working any time.

Eddie It just shows how great a man you are helping out the new guy.

ww Hopefully you can figure out how to catch salmon. YOU have figured out how to catch the eyes. One the salmon hit our rivers they start to deteriorate pretty fast.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16993 on: Sep 19, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Good morning can tell Fall is just around the corner fifty earlier heading to a high of seventy another sunny day so far. In other weather news see folks in parts of Texas are dealing with tropical storm Imelda and there are other potential hurricanes developing in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Eddie good job training the young man to become a future mason may he get accepted into the union's apprentice program.
Ice wanderer happy to read your arm /shoulder recovery is going so well keep up the work with rehab. you will be all set for this season's ice fishing. Thanks for the photos of Maine Diner if I ever get back to Maine will have to stop there for a meal.
Whopper Stopper may the tire repair work and you not have to take it back to store. Have a good time with your SIL chasing the Muskys today.
Hunts2long glad your blood work came back with a good report may your wife receive similar news today. Mat the telephone/internet problems get corrected soon I can relate to you also still have a land line and use a bundle package from cable company for phone,internet and TV if cable service goes down  I do have a cell phone. Thankfully I do not have to drive to get to an area with cell service.
Icefisher-45 has any doctor done testing to see if you shown signs of post concussion syndrome. May the headache clinic be able to provide you some relief today. Think your wife has adopted the downstairs neighbor I'm sure the lady appreciates all of her help.
Tom Turkey may you wife have a good recovery and be up and walking soon got to be boring after a while being confined to bed.
Wallyworld hope the fishing has been good and some salmon will be coming home for future meals.

Have A safe and good day folks. Best to all casting a line.
  Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16994 on: Sep 19, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Was a beautiful day out. My wife is out with the boy next door having a picnic with him and Mr Dickens. Went to the Headache Dr today and received a diagnosis of closed head trauma and increased spinal pressure. He advised me to sleep in a recliner as sleeping lying down makes my headaches worse. Now the hunt for a recliner begins. Going to put me on a medication to try and decrease the spinal pressure.

Tom Turkey, Hope your wife’s leg is less swollen today and she’s able to get out of bed. Are they going to send a visiting nurse or a physical therapist to the house at all.

Hunts2long, Hope your wife’s blood work comes back ok. Customer service these days seem to be going the way of the dodo. Good luck tomorrow on the water.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good day on the water.

Ice Wanderer, That’s great news about being able to get all the way to the top of the ladder.

Mr Clean, You called my diagnosis.

I hope everyone had a great day and that everyone has a good Evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16995 on: Sep 19, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Good evening, Icefisher-45 happy you have a diagnosis for cause of your headaches may the medications work and help you have a better quality of life. Your wife is a special lady I'm sure your young neighbor had a great time this afternoon.

Have a safe and good night everyone converse with all of you tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16996 on: Sep 20, 2019, 02:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and clear 44* on the Hill this am, high of 76 today. This recent weather pattern has been great...sweatshirts in the morning down to T-shirts before lunch.

I-45...congratulations on the diagnosis finally pinpointing the root of the problems, man, that’s excellent news!  :clap:  Best wishes with the new medication. With $ being tight at the moment, perhaps mentioning the recliner to your church group could be of help, Craigslist is another avenue. Happy for you, and  :thumbsup: to your wife..X2 on Steve’s reply!
  Steve...we got the young man ( Angelo ) an application to fill out and an appointment to meet with our president and board members next week. The next apprentice program offered won’t start until February, however, with the training he will be receiving between now and then both on the job and classroom, he should be advanced enough to get in as a 2nd year apprentice easily. With the crew we have now, he’s got hundreds of years of knowledge in many fields of the trade to draw from...all willing to share. Think he’ll be a great addition!   :thumbsup:
  Tom... hope your wife is feeling better today and the swelling has passed.  :thumbsup:   Thanks for the kind words, but just doing my part passing down was taught to me.
  H2... hope the results were good news yesterday....good luck with the fishing today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...way to go putting off the tree job and getting out for another Musky trip with your S-I-L, awesome!  :clap:  Will be looking forward to your report!
  Jeff...excellent news on your progress with the arm exercises, keep up the great work!   :clap: :bow:
  Wally... hope the fishing was a banner trip, will be looking forward to your report as well.   :thumbsup:

Running a tad short on time again this am, but a fairly easy day ahead to wrap up the week. Will check back in later today to see how everyone is doing.... Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16997 on: Sep 20, 2019, 03:58 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 49* and clear here on my hill, another nice day is ahead. ::)
                             Eddie.......It's nice to hear that today will be an easy one to end the week. :thumbsup: What's in store for the weekend? ???
                             I-45.........If you can get the headache Dr. to give you a prescription for a recliner the insurance company should pay for it. :unsure:
                             Marv........Well how did you and Jen make out fishing yesterday? ??? I like her thinking. :flex: :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                             Tom.........I hope your wife's swelling get relieved soon and back on her feet. :thumbsup:
                             Wally.......I know it's been a little cool in the mornings but the days have been beautiful to be on the water, I hope the fishing
                   matched the weather.  :clap:
                             I don't know if you all remember the guy that was building a log cabin from trees he cut, it's been 4 years. Well he's still at it,
                   and tomorrow he's getting his roof on.  :clap: He has 3 guys coming up to put up the rafters and sheathing and framing in the gable ends.
                   He's been over asking for some advice here and there, I wish I could have helped physically.
                             Our drying died so this morning I'm heading down to buy a new one.
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16998 on: Sep 20, 2019, 04:55 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Eddie excellent going with Angelo :clap: :clap: What a great story :thumbsup:

45 so glad they were able to get things pin pointed. IW makes a good point on the insurance. 

WW hope you are waking up to sore arms :thumbsup:

IW good luck on your shopping today :thumbsup:

TT hoping your wife is feeling better and the swelling has gone down :thumbsup:

Yesterdays fishing was a bust, we didn't even have a follow. But it was a beautiful day and we had the lake to ourselves. I am going to put a bunch of my fishing equipment away and get the boat ready to store for the winter. I don't see anymore soft water fishing trips with hunting being right around the corner and a couple tree jobs still looming.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16999 on: Sep 20, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day out. Supposed to be in the 70s. Their coming to work on the siding today. Guy said maybe another week. This is a side job for the company whose been doing it and when their not here it’s the landlords husband and another guy. My wife is at work today. She’s going to talk to the lawyer about the recliner. She’s also going to talk to the insurance company about it as well. She’ says I would fold that’s why she’s going to take care of it. Started new med last night. It did what the pharmacist said it would do. Knocked me right out. Side affect from my other meds.

Whopper Stopper, That’s to bad yesterday was a bust but it must have been peaceful with the lake to yourselves. That is true hunting season is coming quick.

Ice Wanderer, Thats amazing when people build a house from trees they cut down. Hope the drier shopping goes well.

Mason Eddie, That’s great news that Angelo will be able to get into the Apprentice program in February. It is very nice of you guys to give him the benefit of your experience. I know when I was a new Paramedic older medics didn’t help you at all. Then when I was looking to start a horse powered farm older farmers were no help. It’s a great thing you and your co workers are doing.

I hope everyone has a great day. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17000 on: Sep 20, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Morning all,

Good to be home  :clap:  Glad to see/hear everyone is doing ok  :thumbsup:

Wednesday we trolled from 7 am to 5 pm, from 50 fow to 265 fow, had 1 brief hit  ::)  As we were picking rods up to leave, MrWW had a hit on the last rod still in the water.....reeled it in, lo and behold a beautiful walleye  :o  I grabbed the net and proceeded to get the hook caught in the outside of the net, we both almost cried as the fish turned and swam away  :'(  We were both pretty depressed as we checked into our room, but determined to not give up  :flex:

Up early yesterday, back on the water before 6 am pitch black out  :blink:  got set up and was trolling before the sun rose  @)  had 1 fish on that broke off in the morning then nothing  :-\   until 2 pm when I hooked up with something, after about 15 minutes of reeling in then the fish taking it all back out up from the depths rose this gal.....

36" 19.5 lbs  :thumbsup: :clap:  we  finally put a king salmon in the boat  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:
after much hooting, hollering and high fives we set up again to see if we could find another one, back to nothing again  :blink: decided that 5 pm was the cut off and began trolling back toward the launch. At 4:55 pm MrWW gets a hit  :clap:  I start clearing all the other rods.....look behind us and watch his fish jump straight up out of the water  :woot:  after about a 10 minute performance, the fish finally tired it self out and I got it in the net w/o messing up  :whistle:

a beautiful 24" chinook  ;D  Success at last.....couldn't ask for a better end to the day  @)  the fishing gods were definitely smiling on us  :bow: :bow:

We brought both fish home and cleaned them as a treat for my brother who loves salmon  ;)  Needless to say we both slept pretty darn good last night  :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17001 on: Sep 20, 2019, 07:46 AM »
51* start to the day. We are guessed to get some heavy rain on Sunday.

First off thanks for the concerns about the wife's well being. When she woke up yesterday the swelling was down. She is now able to get around pretty good. She had to cancel therapy yesterday so she will start it today. We have a great therapy place a couple of miles away so no amount of traveling. When they brought in the wheeled walker in the hospital and I saw the company I was not happy as I had some issues with them. It is not a good walker that she does not like so I got mine out of the garage for her, making her happy.

I45 I am glad you finally found what may be the cause of your head aches. Hopefully the new med does the trick!

Eddie It is good that the new guy should get into the apprentice program in February. By then he will be way ahead of every one else due to you and the crew helping him :) Like IF45 said so many do not want to share their knowledge with a new person.

ww It is good to see you finally figured out how to catch salmon. Nice looking fish. way better eating than those that are in the rivers.

Marv you better not let your wife see the segment on www.michiganoutofdoors .com last night of the fancy kayak that actually has electric power if you want. She may want to up date hers.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17002 on: Sep 20, 2019, 07:46 AM »
WW Congratulations  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17003 on: Sep 20, 2019, 10:39 AM »

Good Job Mr. & Mrs. Wally World. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17004 on: Sep 20, 2019, 11:39 AM »
Wally im pretty sure your husbands fish is a Coho..  Just my opinion.. ;)
Either way Congratulations.. 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17005 on: Sep 20, 2019, 02:18 PM »

If legends are true, we are really in for a b winter. I've never seen one like this before!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17006 on: Sep 20, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Raquette.....the whole mouth on that fish is black which leads us to believe chinook based on what "the experts" say  :whistle:  To be honest we guessed it was a coho too, but after talking to  some guys at the launch and researching last night at home it appears to be chinook  @)  either way it was legal size and some kind of salmon so it's all good  ;)2 :woot:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17007 on: Sep 20, 2019, 03:11 PM »
Raquette.....the whole mouth on that fish is black which leads us to believe chinook based on what "the experts" say  :whistle:  To be honest we guessed it was a coho too, but after talking to  some guys at the launch and researching last night at home it appears to be chinook  @)  either way it was legal size and some kind of salmon so it's all good  ;)2 :woot:

Thats awesome.  CONGRATULATIONS to both of you..      :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17008 on: Sep 20, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad out. They came and worked on the house. Amazing how much warmer this house is vs the other one. 37* last night and didn’t feel that cold in here. Got the first amount for the settlement I thought my wife was going to kill someone. It was way below what our lawyer asked for.

WallyWorld, Congratulations on the 2 fish. I bet they tasted good.

Ice Wanderer, Never saw one like that before either.

Tom Turkey, That’s good your wife is doing better. I’m surprised they didn’t offer home physical therapy. Good you had a good walker for her. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

I hope everyone has a great night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17009 on: Sep 20, 2019, 09:00 PM »
Good evening another nice day here weather guessers say it will be a nice weekend.
Eddie good job by the crew and you helping Angelo get started on the path to being a mason.
Ice Wanderer I remember you neighbor and the cabin build wondered what happened to him.  Did you find a new clothes dryer today.
Whopper Stopper to bad the fishing was slow sound like the two of you still had a great day.
Icefisher-45 may insurance pay for the recliner. Do you have to except settlement payment or can you challenge it .
Wallyworld congratulations on the salmon.  :clap: :thumbsup: Your brother has some good meals in his future.
Tom Turkey glad the swelling in wife's leg has gone down and you already had a quality walker for her to use during rehab./recovery.
Racquettedacker how are things going did you get a good yield from your garden this season.

Have a good night folks.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.