The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anybody headin out tonite or tomorrow?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
Anybody headin out tonite or tomorrow?
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:15 AM »
The weekend is the weekend, but a check of some of the crapt ponds here at the bottom of Camelback Mountain revealed 1 inch plus of ice yesterday, so I figure after last night, there are gonna be places safe by this afternoon for sure.  If not, I got my 10 inch shiners and I'm headin up the mountain to Wolf swamp tomorrow if anyone is willing, ready, and of course, CRAZY, feel free to follow along.  I'll put it marginally safe at best, that's why you have got to be crazy to try, or else have a good pair of Pampers on and have inhaled a few morphine tablets to calm your nerves.  Just if you do, make sure you bring your own shiners that are at least 8 inchers otherwise you are gonna be beatin off pesky pickeral all day long.  I just spent 10 dollars on 15 shiners, so not that I'm cheap, jsut that big baits are really expensive and I'm still in med school so I'm poor.  Alrite, I said my peace, just wondering if anyone is headin out tomorrow.  I'm in Allentown, I'm going to tick off the old man and go fish Cedar Creek - maybe get a few suckers from there.  You guys enjoy.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
Re: Anybody headin out tonite or tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:17 AM »
BTW - Mikey -  you still plannin on francis slocum or jean tomorrow.  You can always swing down my way if you want, could use a cameraman, but would love to hear reports from your fancy lakes.  I'll buzz ya tonite.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2007, 12:52 PM »
The weekend is the weekend, but a check of some of the crapt ponds here at the bottom of Camelback Mountain revealed 1 inch plus of ice yesterday, so I figure after last night, there are gonna be places safe by this afternoon for sure.  If not, I got my 10 inch shiners and I'm headin up the mountain to Wolf swamp tomorrow if anyone is willing, ready, and of course, CRAZY, feel free to follow along.  I'll put it marginally safe at best, that's why you have got to be crazy to try, or else have a good pair of Pampers on and have inhaled a few morphine tablets to calm your nerves.  Just if you do, make sure you bring your own shiners that are at least 8 inchers otherwise you are gonna be beatin off pesky pickeral all day long.  I just spent 10 dollars on 15 shiners, so not that I'm cheap, jsut that big baits are really expensive and I'm still in med school so I'm poor.  Alrite, I said my peace, just wondering if anyone is headin out tomorrow.  I'm in Allentown, I'm going to tick off the old man and go fish Cedar Creek - maybe get a few suckers from there.  You guys enjoy.

Dr. JM

Hope they teach you CPR in med school, sounds like you might need to use it.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline LoveIceFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:53 PM »
"My" lakes in NEPA freeze before any other and I hoped to be on the ice Saturday, but I just got a confirmation that ice just started to build up. Therefore, I do not think it is going to happen.
Also, there are 65 km/h gusts of wind  for Saturday. It can brake what is there already (or blow you away with tip-ups)  ;)

Offline PackEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hit it!!! Smash it!!! Crush it!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:57 PM »
I wouldn't count on fishing Slocum this weekend. It was half open water yesterday.

I did check on 4 other lakes today. Only one looks promising for Saturday.

I'll fish on 3'' of clear black ice, that's my limit... that's if it's still very cold and CLEAR, BLACK ICE.

Packeyes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.