Author Topic: Rip a ZIP  (Read 9371 times)

Bitzer Creek

Rip a ZIP
« on: May 07, 2002, 11:44 AM »
1\8oz ZIP lure jigged through the ice works well by itself or tipped with a smal grub. Remember not to tip with to big of a grub for this will diminish the action. First ice panfish and crappies have shown a liking to our Glow Tiger pattern in the evening hours. RIP A ZIP !!!!!!

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Re: Rip a ZIP
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 11:48 AM »
On a local lake I fish the crappies have a college education... It seemed they would only bite on very small lures like 10-12 size jigs tipped with waxworms They would bite so light that they were barely detectable with a whippy light rod or even a tiny bobber, that is until I dropped a Zip on their heads BAM! they pull the rod right out of your hands, I didn't even have any bait on it! The technique could not be simpler... Use your locater to find the suspended crappies, generally crappies can be found during the winter months in the deeper parts of the lake 15-40 feet, on flats and deep breaks. Drop the ZIP to about 1-3 feet above the crappies... begin raising the rod slowly, just enough that you can feel the vibration of the lure... watch for the crappie to react by moving up towards the zip lure. I had most of them bite when I begin to let it back down very slowly. Best luck was on the Lime Perch, Fire Tiger and Perch patterns in the 1/8oz. weight. You can get the Bitzer Creek ZIP LURE by clicking here.

-Scott Iceshanty.com

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Chris Kohnke-

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 11:49 AM »
Right on ! your lures are awesome!
I use them in the summer and winter, hooked alot of walleyes on the Fox river this spring with firetiger and gold lures. Worked well trolling for white bass and walleyes also. Those 1/8 oz. lures killed the perch on winnebago this last winter.  

ryfisher

« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2002, 03:16 AM »
what is the best colors? i am interested already! also what sizes?

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2002, 05:24 AM »
I like a fishing show called Wisconsin Waters & Woods with John Gillespie.

They seem to use the Zip lures a lot. I bought four of them this weekend. One at Walmart and three at Fleet Farm.

I picked up two perch color (one 1/8 oz. and one 1/4 oz.) and two firetiger (one 1/8 oz. and one 1/4 oz.).

Will this lure work for Lake trout through the ice? I will probably pick up a bigger size and give it a try for the lakers.

Offline nate

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2002, 06:27 AM »
does the ZIP work on bluegill and bass as well as crappie

do i use small or big 1/8 or sizes bigger

i mainly work on shellcrackers, bass, and crappie

thanks

the kidd

ryfiisher

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2002, 05:42 AM »
can you get these at any Wal-Mart? What size is best for crappies?

BushMaster

« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2002, 04:44 AM »
Does anyone know how large they make them? This might be a hot lure for Lake Trout if I could get them big enough.

crappie_hunter

« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2002, 06:05 AM »
i was at gaunder mountain last week and the have some huge ones with there musky stuff they were like 2 oz

BushMaster

« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2002, 06:12 AM »
Thanks Crappie Hunter, I'll make a run down there. Any excuse to stop at Gander is a good excuse. Good thing there is one just down the road.

crappie_hunter

« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2002, 04:13 AM »
yah i bought a couple 1/4 oz for crappies and trout they work great

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2002, 05:43 PM »
bitzercreek.com/ZipLure.htm  add the www.  has pics of fish that were supposially caught on zips so i guess they work on anything
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

ryfisher

« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2003, 08:09 AM »
i have been looking all over the place and i can't find one. Checked Gander mountain and they didn't know what i was talking about. where can i get some???

Blinkin

« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2003, 03:57 AM »
Hey, has anyone tried a cicada or sonar, thay all have pretty much the same action.

ipunch2u

« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2003, 05:24 AM »
Ive heard so many good things about these lures that I went out and bought one.  Ive fished with it several times but never had any luck???  This may be a stupid question but how exacly are you supposed to fish it.  I been tipping the hooks with berkley power wigglers drop it down the hole and quickly raise it up about 6-12".  I have a 1/8 tiger!  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ???

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2003, 08:11 PM »
while down in dc working these past 2 weeks i took a day trip to bass pro shops in baltimore and picked myself up 2 zips and 2 cicada's havent been out on the ice yet since ive been home but ill let u know how they work.
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2003, 06:06 PM »
After reading some of the first posts on this thread I went out and bought 4 in the 1/8 & 1/4 size.  So far I've only tried the 1/8 glow fire tiger at night.  I must not be doing something right cause so far no luck.  After charging it up I've been tipping it with a minnow head on the rear treble.  Maybe that's too much weight.  In all honesty I've only worked it for about 20 minutes on each of my last two night trips.  When no fish seem interested I've been switching to the smaller glow rat finkes or shrimpos.  Maybe it's all a matter of patience??

ipunch2u

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2003, 06:14 PM »
Dont feel bad Ive had no luck either here on Hooker Lake with mine!!  I dont understand it.  Ive tried tipping it with everything.  Anybody out there who can help us out or give us some pointers to what we are doing wrong?  Thanks

ipunch2u

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2003, 06:16 PM »
By the way Lucky any luck with the shrimpos?  Did you use wedgies(lol) on them?

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2003, 04:56 AM »
Used my fire tiger zip for crappies they look at it but dont hit it i dont know maybe certain lakes and certain times are best for zips
Loose Lips Sink Ships

ipunch2u

« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2003, 06:48 PM »
Im starting to think so and Im just at the wrong time on the wrong lake often!  Ive tried it on a few different lakes already and no luck.?  Maybe its just operator error?? :-/

perchmon

« Reply #21 on: Feb 24, 2003, 06:43 PM »
hey they have a website
http://www.bitzercreek.com/ziplures.htm
thanks for the tips

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Sep 25, 2005, 10:58 PM »
anybody haven any luck with these?http://