Author Topic: crappies at night on tipups  (Read 2013 times)

Offline gillmanwi

• IceShanty Rookie
crappies at night on tipups
« on: Jan 14, 2005, 06:53 PM »
if i fish for crappies at night on tip ups and tip downs can i just set a lantern out and put my lines out in a circle around it and wait or do i need to find a school of fish the lake i am fishing has many panfish and crappies in it can i also do the same during the day with out the lantern and expect good results

thanks
  gillmanwi :tipup:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: crappies at night on tipups
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2005, 12:29 PM »
i prefer jigging    and i would prefer tipdowns over tipups unless u can adjust the tip[ups os they go offf really easy
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2005, 11:44 AM »
We always set out tipdowns and use the lantern stands that foldup.  The stand allows us to get the lanterns off of the ice about 5 feet.  Using the stands and Coleman Northstar lanterns the light covers a large area. 

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2005, 06:34 PM »
If I was you I would spread out the tipups. Crappies really have a tendancy to school and to use different depths. If you get a tipup in one area, grab your rod and hurry over there. Pull up the tipup, catch the fish, and have another hole drilled a few feet away. Put your rod down and lower the lure/bait to the level where you got the other crappie, and you will probably catch 2 or 3 more before the school leaves. Hope this helps, and good luck!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.