Author Topic: Brightwater/Hanley Res.  (Read 967 times)

Offline fishinguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Brightwater/Hanley Res.
« on: Mar 06, 2010, 07:47 PM »
anyone been out to hanley resevoir--always seems to be shacks out there but no one reports about it??

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brightwater/Hanley Res.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Has anyone been driving on hanley res. Thinking of moving the shack on there, anyone have a update on hows the fishing doing out there....
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline Broom Jockey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:09 AM »
I would hesitate on moving your shack.  The fishing has slowed right down.  It has been hit very hard.  We were out there yesterday and caught one pike, and the group beside us caught zero.
Yes, we drove on and people were driving trucks across the lake, but be warned there is a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 foot hole in the ice that the kids found while skating around.  I'm not sure if someone cut this and with the warm weather it hasn't frozen over but it wasn't marked or if it was from natural causes.  Scary since it was big enough for a child to fall in or lose a wheel.  It isn't on the main path but off about 100ft west of the brown shack by the lake access from Hanley.
Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:26 PM »
ya that hole seems kinda wierd. someone was probably putting nets down, but who knows... i only fished there once in the summer, didnt catch anything but its a nice place. however i been told there was only jack in there, is that true
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline mjs059

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2012, 12:35 PM »
Was out with a group of 6 on Sunday.  Fished 9:00am to 1:00pm.  Caught two 3 lbs pike.  Only saw one on the camera just before he hit.
Used to be really good perch fishing many years ago.  That seems to be long gone.
Son spotted a 4-5 lbs whitefish frozen in the ice column as we were driving by.  Never had seen one in the reservoir before.  Will try and put up picture later.
All the species are there I guess.
Not great numbers and you have top find them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.