Author Topic: little loon  (Read 1392 times)

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
little loon
« on: Feb 27, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Does anyone or has anyone fished that little loon lake just east of glaslyn is it just jacks or what is even there

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: little loon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2011, 02:32 PM »
it is a walleye lake, there is the odd pike but mainly walleye

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2011, 06:21 PM »
I moved to farm now I am only 15 20 min away. How's driving on this year now? Are the fish scattered around the lake or is there a city of shacks?

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Have family that live in Glaslyn, but never fished it during the winter. We do alright in the summer for pan sized walleye, seldom anything over 2lbs. Not a big ice fishing destination, but there are a few shacks on the ice every winter. Not sure what access is like, but I don't believe they clear the regional park roads or launch, so you'll likely have to access via some back roads. As a side note, I don't think a pike has come out of that lake in the last 5-10 years.

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I went by while ago and the road to park was plowed and a vehical was on ice by a shack you can see from road so I don't know I guess after memorials derby Saturday I will have to try it out. What's the depth like on the lake.

Offline Sploosh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Fish is stocked with eyes often.  That's all you'll catch there.  Lake depth is decent, something like 50' at one point.  Definitely not a shallow lake.  I have ice fished there in the past.  Because the lake is small in area, they'll be moving around so there's really no special spot.

Yep, used to be pike in there, although in very small amounts.  Caught an 8lber back in the 80's summer fishing "by the beaver house" near south end.  Ice fishing 90's, saw a pike stare at my jig for about 5 mins then she left.  Little Loon is part of a system of creeks, small chain lakes that kinda dried up over the years.  But with the increase in water levels lately, who knows, the odd pike may have found its way back!?!?

I used to either sled on or walk on.

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2011, 10:47 AM »
Well i guess sunday i will give it a shot, its -25 here now with a 30 to 40 km wind so i hope to god its gonna be nice this weekend. i will sled around and try it out. Is there a specific colour the fish like on the lake that you have noticed? i will let you know how it goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.