Author Topic: Fish'n with TK and Joe10.........BEST DAY!!!  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fish'n with TK and Joe10.........BEST DAY!!!
« on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:59 PM »
 Well headed to the Locks today with TK and Joe10 got there at around 8:15 lines in the water at 8:35 ;D ;D.Punched some holes scoped em and then the Battle begun 8)I started the day with a 10" dinky bugger then Joe10 smacked a small one only 8 guys out there but let me tell ya the action was great 8) 8).Sam then showed us how it was done buy pulling in a 13" fatty[SUPPER ;)]The action went on all day fish after fish TK caught the biggest with 14 1/2" then Me with a 14" and Sam with 13 1/2" 8) 8).So they call for Snow flurries all day but what happens warm and sunny thank you Mama Nature ;D ;D ;) ;).So I took it with 33 Saugers and a 14" fatty then Sam with 21 Saugers and a 13 1/2" Fatty. ;D ;D ;D

So all together we must of caught 70 fish in 4 hrs and boy was it a whoot between the 5 of us we kept 15 FATTY'S for the table going to fillet them in about 10 mins at TK's ;D ;D.

I caught 80% of my fish by letting it down till it was lying flat on the bottom then just went up slow slow then back down till it was flat on the bottom then up slow slow and only about 2 to 3" off the bottom and it only took 4 to 5 jigs sometimes less untill you felt wait BAM!!! ;D ;D ;D

Well it was lots of fun and Joe thanks for trying better luck next time. :whistle: :whistle: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :flex: :flex: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:

Probably a few pics to come oh and by the way the Ice is about 2 to 21/2 ft thick. ;D ;)
Me and my 13" Sauger

Then my 14" and 13" what a great day
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: Fish'n with TK and Joe10.........BEST DAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Way to go Jiffy, TK and Joe10. You guys are fishing machines, that is a pile of sauger you guys found. :thumbsup:
They must be just piling up against the locks in huge schools.
I bet it would be cool to see whats down there with a camera, if the water is clear enough.
Nice photos, they are little footballs. 8)

WW

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2006, 07:04 AM »
:clap:  :clap:  Way to go Jiffy, TK and Joe10!!!!!!!   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: I headed out there yesterday (Tuesday) after work with my 6 year old daughter. Arrived just after 5 pm and left just after 6 pm. Both her and I had a blast. Only managed to bring up three fish but it was fun watching her with them.  ;D  Great location to take young ones. Just have to climb down the hill VERY cautiously.

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2006, 07:33 AM »
Yea I know what you mean I slid the whole way down that hill. :P :P :P
POUND EM

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:15 AM »
 Joe10 you have no traction what so ever that is all you are doing eh ah ou come on :D :D :D.Anyway yes it was a blast[HOSING JOE >:D >:D]It was just fish after fish.WW they do pile up there every year in winter millions ::) of fish come and go in spirts lots of fun. ;D ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2006, 12:39 PM »
You folks are very fortunate to have a great fishery like that. Make sure you all take good care of it. ;D
Are the sauger comming from Lake Manitoba or going to it?

WW

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Water Wolf I'm not quite sure on this but I believe most of the Saugers are from the river as the Sauger fishery is great through out the year at Lockport but some do migrate in from Lake Winnipeg in the winter. Can anyone elaborate on this better?

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:26 PM »
I have read that sauger are more adapted to river current and turbidity... hence the flatter head and more cylindrical body. The walleye and sauger are both common in L. Winipeg south basin and they do often form hybrids. Cant ever say I've seen a sauger caught in winnipegs north basin though.

Firefighter
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2006, 10:01 AM »
 Oh don't worry WW we will I picked up some garbage there a couple weeks ago man people are dirty :o :( >:( >:( :'( :-\.There is garbage cans there and still people just through it on the Ice dirty buggers :sick: :sick: :%$#!: :%$#!:Where are these when ya need em :callcops: :callcops: ;) ;).

I shure hope some people relize that if they don't start taking better care of that place it will not be a good lesson for the fisherman coming up :-X :-\ :-[ :-[
Jaymes Hiebert

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.