Author Topic: Off to the Locks tommorow but would like to know this?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
 Well I am going to the Locks tommorow with TK joe10 and his younger Bro ;D ;D ;) ;).But I would really like to know if you guys are catching or seeing that the action is fairly good and guys are catching a fair amount of fish. ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D.Would really really like to know thanks.....Jiffy..... ;D ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
Re: Off to the Locks tommorow but would like to know this?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:21 AM »
I was in the peg Sunday- fished at Selkirk- DEAD- then wnt to Locks- and crushed them- It was great- I had some SK hooks that worked insane there- 11:30- 1:00 I caught 32 sauger, biggest was 16 inches, not huge but decent.  Lost a whack load too, pretty great fishery- check out thread Lake manitoba
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline RayRay79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Last time I was at the Locks was about 2 weeks ago and they were still biting like crazy.  Wouldn't be surprised if they still are biting.  Everytime I go there I catch 20+ in under 4 hours.  If I want to go somewhere where I'm guaranteed to catch fish I can always rely with SaugerPort.  Let me know how you did cause I plan to go in the next couple weeks.
The Ice Sherpa Guide... Dr. RAY-RAY

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:53 AM »
 Thanks alot guys that really helps it is snowing pretty good but we are bringing our Ice Fishing tent so we will be OK ;D ;D ;D.DR RAY RAY I will definnetly post about so just check after noon.Leaving in an hour let's get ready to rumble :flex: :flex: :flex:
Jaymes Hiebert

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Love it- Saugerport- so true, so true
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:23 PM »
 Well fishcrusher thanks a billion we had a great day out on the Ice caught 70 and kept 15 between the 5 of us thanks again.....Jiffy..... :tipup: :tipup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Offline RayRay79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:55 PM »
That's good to hear about SaugerPort... you must have been fishing with the regulars down there... lot of retirees.  Nice folks.  I used to go twice a week since January.  But it seemed like I would catch like 20 fish to there 1.  I always found the honeyhole.  Sounded like fun, congrats. 
The Ice Sherpa Guide... Dr. RAY-RAY

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:46 PM »
 Well Ray Ray it was so much fun 70 fish in 4 hrs and man it was so much fun fish'n with TK and Joe10 and my dad and joe's younger brother. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:14 AM »
Right on,  :D,  she's a gem there, get any gooders?  Any other species- I saw two pike come out of there on Sunday- both about 4 lbs.  But at any rate great to hear you did so well- makes life a little sweeter when you get days like that. 8)
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:14 AM »
 Well FishCrusher we did not get anything over 14 1/2" but they were so fat that made up for it ;D ;D.And for ther other species nope we didn't one guys caught 4 Burbot and another guy caught what looked to be around a 20" Walleye. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.