Author Topic: Rush Bay  (Read 4220 times)

Offline yan-nick

• IceShanty Rookie
Rush Bay
« on: Feb 12, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Today I went to Rush Bay by Victoria island, for the first time, and tried to catch lake trout.  I did not catch any, but I nailed a nice 22 inch Walleye.  It was very hard to fish over there, especially when you do not know the area.  (I also could not hit the spot I wanted to go to, due to slush).

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rush Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2011, 12:29 AM »
Her is your biggest problem... THERE ARE NO LAKE TROUT IN RUSH BAY!!! Lots of wallies crappies and pike but no TROUT!
Great spring fishing for pike. Give me a P.M. if you want details.

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2011, 12:31 AM »
Sorry, I assume you meant lake of the woods. If it is a different rush bay I apologise :)

Offline yan-nick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2011, 01:50 PM »
It is part of Lake of the woods, by Victoria Island.  Thank you for your input!

Offline Sawbones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:39 PM »
I would consider Victoria I. to be well east of Rush Bay. Don't know if there are any lakers there. I haven't seen any.

Offline yan-nick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2011, 06:55 PM »
I agree with you, it is east side of rush bay.  A fishing guide show me a spot by Victoria Island and told me that he caught lots of lakers over there but it's catch and release plus an other guy who live close to this area told me also that it was a really good spot.  I checked regulations, they are not the same than clearwater bay.  I know you told me that echo bay it's a cul de sac but anyway when you look at the map and the depth at the end of echo, it makes you wonder about those lakers.  Despite you told me that it was a cul de sac I wish to get more info's .  I don't want you think I am rude, I am just really stubborn ah ah. I really appreciate your help.

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Hey T.C. why not offer advice insted of sarcasm. By the way i left a few spelleng mistakes for you ;) ;) ;)

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Thanks for the posssitive feedbak :) :) :)

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2011, 09:35 PM »
I fish there all summer and it isnt much deeper than 35 feet, In the spring I have fished there for the last 20 years and casting small cleos in the shallows and have never heard or seen anyone catch a laker. Have you.

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Hey Tic. What on earth would I have to gain by telling him there are no lake trout in a place there are no lake trout. I even offered him to send me a P.M. about the great spring pike fishing. What is wrong with you?

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2011, 11:48 PM »
If you are by Victoria Island you are in Clearwater Bay. Rush is a good ways west, as is Echo. The entire region is under the Clearwater Bay Management area. Regulations do not allow for any possession of trout, not sure about catch and release as this is a trophy management initiative - you have to have a tag to fish for them in the warmer months and you get to catch and keep one fish a year. Actually targetting trout, even though you aren't keeping them, could get you in hot water. Be sure of the laws so you don't get into any trouble.
Good luck and tight lines,
Glen

Offline Johnny Lee Sauger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2011, 02:39 AM »
tc and his 199 posts include 1 started thread.  he likes long walks on the beach and giving people a hard time about whether or not a big fish was brought home or released.  Seriously sir quit being arrogant and try to give advice, post your reports or something that doesn't involve you spamming our threads with smart ass comments. I'm sorry for being rude but someone had to say it....fire away

Offline yan-nick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:20 AM »
If you are by Victoria Island you are in Clearwater Bay. Rush is a good ways west, as is Echo. The entire region is under the Clearwater Bay Management area. Regulations do not allow for any possession of trout, not sure about catch and release as this is a trophy management initiative - you have to have a tag to fish for them in the warmer months and you get to catch and keep one fish a year. Actually targetting trout, even though you aren't keeping them, could get you in hot water. Be sure of the laws so you don't get into any trouble.
Good luck and tight lines,
Glen
Thank you

Offline yan-nick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Thank you everyone for your advices, It helps me a lot on my decision of going back over there or not.
(thank you again tc for your help and being up front, I like it)

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:52 AM »
tc and his 199 posts include 1 started thread.  he likes long walks on the beach and giving people a hard time about whether or not a big fish was brought home or released.  Seriously sir quit being arrogant and try to give advice, post your reports or something that doesn't involve you spamming our threads with smart ass comments. I'm sorry for being rude but someone had to say it....fire away

Well said.
Looooooooooooove to fish, born to fish.
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline BBB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Im going to have to agree with topcat panfishboy if you have nothing of importance to say then don't say it lol you dont need to post something on every new topic its not a contest haha

Offline big b muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:18 PM »
I took top cats advice and put the question on The Ontario board. One ice shanty regular agreed it is too shallow. I would never mislead someone on this board as another member suggested. This is a place to share info and the love of this sport. Not mislead or put others down.

Offline fishin204

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Isn't victoria island in ptarmigan bay and there is no restrictions on targeting trout but you can not keep them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.