Author Topic: Why????????????????????????  (Read 1584 times)

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Why????????????????????????
« on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Why are all these threads that are started by MANITOBA fishermen/women being moved elsewhere???????
Why I understand that there may be repetitive posts all across Canada & USA & it's good sometimes to have further info, the Moderators have to realize that what may work well will not work well up here in our fishing environment. We have MUCH different conditions to fish in up here than what our fellow American fisher men do & as such like to hear from fellow fishermen UP HERE. I for one, will not go searching everywhere on this site for information which may be totally useless to me. American reviews of products which may work well down there mean NOTHING to me. e.g. It is MUCH colder up here, we get WAY more ice, etc etc. This applies to Shelters/Shacks, Flashers, Augers, etc.
Just because something may work good in warmer climates, doesn't mean it will work as well up here.

I WANT LOCAL INFORMATION & I don't have the time to go browsing around the site for useless info.

What does everyone else think?????????

Maybe the Moderators could look into this & PLEASE leave our threads where we want them. If people wanted to post a thread elsewhere, then they are free to do so. But, if they post in MB, that would indicate that they wish to have that thread there, NOT moved elsewhere.

Thank you, Rant done.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Re: Why????????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:23 PM »
unless a post specifically asks for input from local people, that thread will be left for awhile to receive local posts and than moved to the thread where it can get answers from ALL the members.hope this answers your question.this site is for all the members, not just a few.

HIMO
                                                        Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:30 PM »
That sort of makes sense, but you're moving them almost right away.
You have to realize that most people aren't on here on a regular basis.....hourly, daily, etc.
Also, it's nice to have the thread left here should anyone want that info later on. e.g. Someone may not care about augers at the time a thread was posted but may need/want that information in the future if the need changes. If that thread is moved, he no longer has access to the LOCAL information that was posted. Thus, he starts a new Local thread which again gets moved.
I actually look over old threads quite frequently when doing research for fishing products, BUT ONLY on local boards. What may not be important to me at the time something was posted may be useful to me tomorrow, next week, next month, next year,etc.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:35 PM »
as I already stated, this site is for all the members. we can't adjust our way of doing things because it is inconvenient for one member.hope this helps you understand.

HIMO
                                                 Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline fishaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:50 PM »
That sort of makes sense, but you're moving them almost right away.
You have to realize that most people aren't on here on a regular basis.....hourly, daily, etc.
Also, it's nice to have the thread left here should anyone want that info later on. e.g. Someone may not care about augers at the time a thread was posted but may need/want that information in the future if the need changes. If that thread is moved, he no longer has access to the LOCAL information that was posted. Thus, he starts a new Local thread which again gets moved.
I actually look over old threads quite frequently when doing research for fishing products, BUT ONLY on local boards. What may not be important to me at the time something was posted may be useful to me tomorrow, next week, next month, next year,etc.

I agree with you fshmanmb!
Go fish.

Offline zeus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:42 PM »
as I already stated, this site is for all the members. we can't adjust our way of doing things because it is inconvenient for one member.hope this helps you understand.

HIMO
                                                 Iceshanty Moderator

I have to admit, I only come here for the Manitoba connection. "Ice Fishing Manitoba" is what it says at the top of the page. If I feel that this is no longer the case, then I will vote with my keyboard and go elsewhere. HIMO. has made it perfectly clear, what his intentions are. We either live with it, or move on. zeus. :icefish:

Offline whitefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I WANT LOCAL INFORMATION & I don't have the time to go browsing around the site for useless info.

What does everyone else think???

Yup I agree.  Not surprised when I heard the explanation for moving them, but I do think they are moved too soon.  A recent post I made on the Clam Summit Thermal only had one additional responses after it was moved to the equipment forum.  Most of the responses I received while it was still in the Manitoba discussion group.

Offline L8FISHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:03 PM »
what was your post about the clam summit thermal?, I missed it, just bought one, your opinion would help.
L8FISHER

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:34 AM »
IM totally with Darcy on this,I too look for older posts for info on products etc.products used in Manitoba by manitobans.I have no interest in what works and conditions etc in a state that is not even sharing the border with MB.hate to be the first to have to say it but.........damn Americans lol.

IDEA.......thought.... ...sure it won't kill me to see the change on how your doing things now as it won't kill you to leave as was,just won't frequent this site as much,but I do enjoy!!!!
BUT.......how about this.....if Canada wins Gold,you see things are way.....and if the Americans win,lol we don't complain about how you run things lol.
Ok....deal
GILLISHAMMER

Offline carcus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2010, 07:30 AM »
I also only come here for the manitoba forum, they don't do this on other forums, like bowsite, manitoba threads stay in the manitoba state forum, they need to change this IMO

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:02 AM »
It doesn't help to complain ;)

If you want the local opinion on something that could be moved just put a BIG "MANITOBA" in the title

eg.
            "What is better a quad or snowmobile for ice fishing in MANITOBA"
            "Where is the best place in MANITOBA to buy......"
            "Where is there good fishable ice in MANITOBA"

Don't get down on the Mods too much, they are the ones who have to deal with a lot of crap on here.
We have lost some really good ones in the past.

Its good to keep the forum family friendly and we NEED mods to have that.

Offline whitefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:11 PM »
what was your post about the clam summit thermal?, I missed it, just bought one, your opinion would help.

Hey L8FISHER,

I was asking for comments on the Clam Thermals - see the thread below.  How do you like yours so far?

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=163341.0

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.