Author Topic: Zoom feature on ice35 flasher  (Read 1014 times)

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
Zoom feature on ice35 flasher
« on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:16 PM »
does anybody know how this feature works, read the book just dont understand it? is that feature useful? any help is appreciated

Offline gmoney

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Zoom feature on ice35 flasher
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:58 AM »
does anybody know how this feature works, read the book just dont understand it? is that feature useful? any help is appreciated

Yes this feature is useful. It works by magnifying the highlighted section by 2X. So when you press the zoom button two purple lines show up and they seem to be 10 feet apart, this is a 5 ft. section that is magnified by 2X, this magnification can be put anywhere in the water column that you want. To adjust which section of the water column you want to zoom in on just press the zoom button, wait for the two purple lines, then turn the knob at the top to move the two lines. if you want to magnify the bottom turn the knob until the one line lines up with the bottom or deeper and the other line is still above the bottom. The mark for your jig should apear twice as big in this section so you can turn down your gain to make your jig appear smaller.

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2010, 02:10 PM »
thanks that makes more sense now, was having some troubles on the river this year picking up my jig at times even with the gain turned right up, maybe this will be the cure. thanks for taking the time to help me out

Offline gmoney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:50 PM »
no problem, your cone angle could also be too small if you don't have the transducer in the same hole. You should be able to see your jig even with the zoom not on

Offline Dr.Funk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:48 PM »
thanks that makes more sense now, was having some troubles on the river this year picking up my jig at times even with the gain turned right up, maybe this will be the cure. thanks for taking the time to help me out

Try drilling another hole a foot or so upstream and stick your flasher in that hole, current may be taking you lure out of range.

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Try drilling another hole a foot or so upstream and stick your flasher in that hole, current may be taking you lure out of range.

Not sure how that's going to work but go for it, lol,  Seriously if current is a problem, I'd put the flasher in the hole downstream  ;)  ;D  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.