Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Showdown  (Read 1471 times)

Offline 63110

• IceShanty Rookie
Showdown
« on: Nov 19, 2009, 04:52 AM »
New to the site checking to see if anyone has or has used the Showdown LCD's.

What do you guys think of them and what problems have with them.  Thinking of

getting one this season, but never seen one on the ice.

Thanks

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Showdown
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2009, 05:47 AM »
I had one for 2 years and didn't like like it. It is a good idea and  I hope they have the bugs worked out but mine would not hold steady depth readings and seemed to have a lot of interference(which MFG says was from thick surface ice) but these problems were not every time out. Also could get not rid of the screen clutter when fishing deep brushpiles due to the wide angle only transducer.As long as you get one from a store that will let you return it go ahead and try one if thats what you want but for a extra 20.00 the bird ICE 35 would be my choice, thats what I got after the showdown and don't regret it for a minute.

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2009, 07:57 AM »
I've had the same problems with mine (brush/weeds with clutter and sometimes jumps around in the readings) but I use it almost exclusively in deeper water rockpiles and it works great, for the money. If I had extra cash I would be using a flasher, but it just wasn't in the bank at the time.

Offline seves11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I was thinking of buying a Showdown but thanks for the info. What do u guys think is the best for using in river back waters. Only fishing 10 foot water at the deepest. Aqua Vue or a flasher don't use either write now.
                                                                                        Thanks

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Gotta go with a flasher, a camera is good for some things but if you can only fish with one devise a flasher is much more useful.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2009, 05:21 PM »
I was thinking of buying a Showdown but thanks for the info. What do u guys think is the best for using in river back waters. Only fishing 10 foot water at the deepest. Aqua Vue or a flasher don't use either write now.
                                                                                        Thanks

You will not be able to see a thing in the backwaters with a camera. The water has to be gin clear for them to work well.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2009, 05:58 PM »
Look for a lightly used vex fl-18 or fl-20 on ebay or craigslist.  Or a marcum lx-5

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.