Author Topic: Flaming Gorge 2019 (final trip pics added 3-14-19)  (Read 11439 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Flaming Gorge 2019
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2019, 09:03 PM »
You would be able to put the trailer at buckboard with some hook ups and ride over to where we are on the wheeler. Not that far away. I wouldn't take it down rd8. The road was pretty beat in and iced over. Wouldn't want the mothership sliding off the road. Definitely worth watching the roads up for sure with new snow. Im only seeing a small chance on Wednesday and Thursday
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2019, 08:44 AM »
For Gale and whomever else finds this handy on their travels to the gorge north end. This is all the WYDOT cams from Evanston to past Rock springs on the NWS website. Once on there you can change it by Interstate, state route ect....for other places in the state. Good stuff

https://www.weather.gov/riw/cms_webcams_qview_i80
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2019, 08:51 AM »
You would be able to put the trailer at buckboard with some hook ups and ride over to where we are on the wheeler. Not that far away. I wouldn't take it down rd8. The road was pretty beat in and iced over. Wouldn't want the mothership sliding off the road. Definitely worth watching the roads up for sure with new snow. Im only seeing a small chance on Wednesday and Thursday
Thanks Matt ! Good advice, as I remember it is a short ride across the ice. See everyone there!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Ok so we got 2 1/2 days till we leave and to get our stuff ready for our trip. I cannot wait to get on the ice for the weekend

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 22, 2019, 12:51 PM »
I am on the road. Hopefully I can get you guys a report sometime!

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 22, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Safe travels Joe
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2019, 02:11 PM »
Safe driving Joe and I'll be talking at you soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Safe travel and leave some fish  ;D

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2019, 08:18 PM »
Drive safe Joe and be safe on the ice .

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 23, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Drive safe Joe. I am still up in the air on whether or not I will make it down for a day. I'm kind of tired of driving after the last few days but we will see.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Thanks guys. Just leaving Green River. Wind making me feel lazy. Will report what I find in a few hours.

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Hey Joe, great video on the lure making... Hope they work well for you while you're on the gorge... They looked like good ones.. Wish I could have joined the crew for this weekend, but didn't work out for me... Have fun... J

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:10 PM »
What a great trip this year, just wish the catching would have been half as good as the company. I would have to say this was the worst catching weekend I've ever had at the gorge. I did manage 2 cuts, which was a 1st for me there & 2 pups. The ice conditions were pretty nasty when at got there but it firmed up good by today with only a few slush pockets around. I'll get some pics up soon atleast the few I took
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:02 AM »
What a great trip and it was great to see everyone. Fishing for me was ok as I got 6 burb and 2 lakers.

My new sleeper tent was fantastic.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:37 AM »
Sounds like you guys had some fun, sorry I wasn't able to make it down that way the ice conditions scared me away. Hopefully when you all come up to Joe's neck of the woods I will be able to join. This year has been crazy with the baby but I am starting to be able to sneak away a bit more now.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2019, 03:47 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip! I tried to find you guys Saturday morning but I didn’t see an obvious shanty camp with all the people that were around!!! After driving around south buckboard for a bit I left to go find some big fish as I had buddies heading out. I’m glad I did because I tied into the biggest ice laker of my life! Next time we need to get you boys on these guys! Once I knew I could get out to this spot safely I couldn’t think of doing anything else lol.

&t=1s

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:00 PM »
That's a great video, I'm really kicking myself in the but for not going with you trent. That 2nd day looked to be more productive for fish on the ice but no comparison to the hog on the 1st day for you for sure. Good job  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Thats crazy....    :o
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #48 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Amazing...Congratulati ons to you guys, wow!!  :clap: :bow:

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #49 on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Sounds like a fun trip! I tried to find you guys Saturday morning but I didn’t see an obvious shanty camp with all the people that were around!!! After driving around south buckboard for a bit I left to go find some big fish as I had buddies heading out. I’m glad I did because I tied into the biggest ice laker of my life! Next time we need to get you boys on these guys! Once I knew I could get out to this spot safely I couldn’t think of doing anything else lol.

&t=1s

What a fish and love the video one of these times we’ll get together  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 28, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Thank you guys!!
Trent Williams

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 29, 2019, 12:02 AM »
Great fish, Trent, and nice job on the video as well!

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 29, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Trent great video! Those fish are defiantly earned, i have had plenty of days fishing. It is nice when you have a catching day. I love to hate those big lakers. I am Sorry I did not go last weekend, that is all i thought all weekend. Glad all of the shanty members had a good time.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:28 AM »
I was very happy to know that nobody got hurt the other day! Damon put a scare into me pretty good. Here is a couple clips of the ATV that fell through the ice.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Jan 29, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Thae footage of that sideXside is crazy. I thought it was the red 4 seater that was parked on the shore but thats definitley a different machine. Here's some shots i took thru the weekend. Nothing to fancy but I spent so much time working those fish on my finder and not getting them to bite I didnt get time for much else. This is how our parking ened up along with the other 4 trucks inour group that showed up later. Plenty of snow on the ground for sure. The road we wanted to take was blocked by a toyota truck that parked right in the middle of the road, I just dont understand what people are thinking some times.

This is a few of the new sleeper, had some good sushi the 1st night and steaks after that, YUMMY! The rod holder works great attached to the pole also

The night scenery was spectacular. The full oon made for some great shots also. Just wish the focus could have been better. Lots of lights from the top of the hill above us and i Tried getting a full panoramic of the bay out into the main channel

And of course the friends and fish!

Great times fellas thanks for including me on these adventures
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 29, 2019, 01:38 PM »
I knew when I passed that camp
Saturday morning that that was you guys!!! But with so many Utah plates around I didn’t want to just start banging on doors! Anyway, sorry again I missed you guys. Next year it’s out for big fish!!!!
Trent Williams

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 29, 2019, 03:19 PM »
I was very happy to know that nobody got hurt the other day! Damon put a scare into me pretty good. Here is a couple clips of the ATV that fell through the ice. https://youtu.be/nkcTgdqh61E

What's the story there?  Spring?  Expansion Crack?  Vehicle too heavy for ice thickness?  Seems like a lot of ATV use in all the pics...
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 29, 2019, 07:54 PM »
Had a great time with the gang at the Gorge! Joe you should have seen the one that broke off at the hole on your lure! Darn the bad luck ! What a trip....... lost a bag of poles, had skid marks (not mine) on my sheets at the super 8 and had to move, had a warning light come on on my truck and had to have it checked out, and had the big one break off at the hole. All and all still a great trip ! Ready to plan the next one, who wants to go to Cascade ?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:25 PM »
What's the story there?  Spring?  Expansion Crack?  Vehicle too heavy for ice thickness?  Seems like a lot of ATV use in all the pics...

Definitely to heavy to be going on the ice at that spot. There was open water just to the west of where they went in. You can see it in the video

Had a great time with the gang at the Gorge! Joe you should have seen the one that broke off at the hole on your lure! Darn the bad luck ! What a trip....... lost a bag of poles, had skid marks (not mine) on my sheets at the super 8 and had to move, had a warning light come on on my truck and had to have it checked out, and had the big one break off at the hole. All and all still a great trip ! Ready to plan the next one, who wants to go to Cascade ?

Oh man I thought you had a bad enough weekend and now your telling me you lost the big one at the hole too. Geez Gale the fish gods are going to be really shining on you on your next trip for sure.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:27 PM »
Here's a short clip I took up on the hill on the 1st trip up there. You can see Joe's 1,000,000 candle watt lights on his poles for sure. The wall tent looks like a japanese lantern and it was just as warm.

Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.