The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: You all realize we got 7 weeks till ice??? Ice season countdown 2017/2018  (Read 1592 times)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
11/27/05
12/9/06
12/3/07
11/22/08
12/11/09
12/8/10
11/30/12
11/28/13
11/20/14
1/5/16
12/11/16

That's 11 of the past 12 years children, the first day anyone has stood on ice in PA.  That's a bit of data.  Average out all those first days on the ice, what do you get??? Five starts in November, Five in December, and that one filthy January...

We got a Hurricane coming, we've already been in the thirties this year.

Just wanted to make sure and remind everyone, ice season starts before Christmas, it may start before Thanksgiving, and since there are countdown clocks for X-mas all around us, we might as well count down the days to first ice.

Be back next month. AND DON'T BE A PESSIMIST.  Pessimists need not post.......

MO, you out there, keep em in line buddy...

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Bring it on, I can't wait.

CowDawg

It's coming fast!!  and I'm almost ready now!! 

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It wont come fast enough for me.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Where's the FISH?!

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've been ready since the last time I left the ice at the beginning of the year...
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lets hope for another Thanksgiving where we can walk on water!  :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Amen Spider!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lets hope for another Thanksgiving where we can walk on water!  :tipup:

I think i remember that Spider.
You and Rutnut were on Tobyhanna??

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
I have a feeling RuttNutt is going to utilize the boat again to get out even earlier.  I might have to join him and give it a try.

Offline supervdl

• Team IceShanty Regular
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/promised-land-pa/18426/november-weather/2097971?monyr=11/1/2017&view=table

the forecast for the second half of November shows a promising trend. Thanksgiving is definitely possible and if not then at least early December.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think i remember that Spider.
You and Rutnut were on Tobyhanna??

That was actually the Sunday before Thanksgiving that year!  ;)  SPider and I found 4" of clear, black ice on Tobyhanna.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Now let's just hope it turns out to be accurate.  All my gear is ready to go right now.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a feeling RuttNutt is going to utilize the boat again to get out even earlier.  I might have to join him and give it a try.

Already in the planning stage, Chris!  ;D (I call it my Ice Pirogue now!)

I gotta figure out how to post pictures on here before then, though!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
You have to use a site other than Photobucket, unless you want to pay the $300 or $400 that they're charging to use their site.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That was actually the Sunday before Thanksgiving that year!  ;)  SPider and I found 4" of clear, black ice on Tobyhanna.

yep, and I forgot my creepers and went flying through the air with the greatest of ease! Landed on my back and thought I was going in but the ice was thick enough. :o  But it wasn't all good ice. I was a bit skittish in that one area by the spillway. I don't like being in too much of a hurry getting onto early ice. I was on 3" at promised land just before that and the ice was ugly and complained with every step. On early ice, your spud can be a life saver!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
LOL! I had forgotten about that, SPider! But I have to say................... ....you really stuck the landing!  ;)

Yeah, I don't like anything less than 4" to walk on, so that's why I experimented last year in March. You guys laugh when you see that little johnboat of mine, but wait til you see it working on early ice this year!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll never forget it. I remember my flasher flying up into the air and watched in sloooow motion as it bounced across the ice!  :o  That old bird has taken a beating but it keeps hummin along!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Oh boy he's gone Hannibal Smith on us with a plan.   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
one of the greatest shows on tv, but I think he's more like Howling Mad Murdock!  ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Oh boy!   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.