The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: York County  (Read 1254 times)

Offline JamesW

• IceShanty Rookie
York County
« on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Hello All,
              I am new to Ice fishing and am curious if there are any good Ice fishing lakes/areas in the York/Harrisburg area. I scouted Pinchot Park today and it is only half frozen, and there were 5 folks fishing on the ice in the shallower end of the lake where Rt 177 crosses the Lake. Some Lakes I have fished in the area in warmer weather are Redman, Pinchot and Marburg. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Offline tony dranzo

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: York County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:19 PM »
 Laurel lake is one of the first to freeze in our area. Mainly trout and a few small pan fish. It was drained a few years ago and is still comming back in my opinion. There was 3.5 inches on it Monday at 10.00 am.

Offline moist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Alot of small fish in pinchot. The crappie get good sometimes. All the lakes you mentioned are good if they ice over. Fished pinchot sun by the dam caught 2 little bluegill.

Offline Team Disaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:26 PM »
James with the forecast this week the existing ice in the area will surely suffer.  I agree with Tony Laurel is first to freeze and still has a way to go for the fishing to come back from the draw down. 

I know your new to ice fishing, but will you be using tip ups or jigging mostly? Also what fish do you plan to target?  This may help with pointing you in the right direction

Offline lyterx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:48 PM »
I fish a Pinchot quite a few times and have almost no luck at all there. Went down to sheppard myers a few times and caught a few amlost every time down.

Offline lyterx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:51 PM »
Alot of small fish in pinchot. The crappie get good sometimes. All the lakes you mentioned are good if they ice over. Fished pinchot sun by the dam caught 2 little bluegill.

What time were you there till on sunday? I rolled in there about 2pm on sunday at the dam.

Offline moist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Left around 11 went to a farm pond that usually produces and it didnt let me down. Landed 32 nice size gllies.

Offline JamesW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2013, 12:56 AM »
Team Disaster- Jigging and plan to target panfish.

Offline Team Disaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2013, 10:19 AM »
James if we get safe ice, which doesn't look good for the 10 day forecast.  I would head to Redman or next door at Williams...lots a panfish.  Good luck if you get out

Offline archer71xx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2013, 05:24 AM »
Redman is hard to beat but I don't think we are gonna get on it according to the forcast. I did pretty good at Sheppard Meyers before the big rains took the ice, I am going to go check it out tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.