The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: You guys do realize....  (Read 2667 times)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
You guys do realize....
« on: Nov 03, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Yeah boys, I'm still alive. 

Working around the clock like the world is about to end in December and have dues to pay before I meet my maker.  1.5 more years........

Then I get a day off and I go out to get annoyed with 10 inch Monroe Bluegills, NY steelies & salmon in creeks that have no water, and I'm building a wild trout stream or two to my preferance.

Fred, put your tongue back in your mouth please!

So today is really the first day I've actually checked in to iceshanty and started reading some of the anxiety and BS we love to write so much about.

Boys, you do realize its gotten colder than last year

You do realize we may very wellbe icefishing this month

I've always been the perveyor of optimism, but its looking good for ice - first day of deer maybe???

So much so, I took the first whole week of december off for ice fishing.  Now thats confidance for ya.

Love seeing people choose between first ice and dead deer.  Hope some of you need to make that decision.

Fred, call joe, tell him nothing has changed in terms of lakes,access, and fish.  More crappie and Bullgills in Monroe and a ton more crappie in Emerald. To put it litely, you will bw pleasantly surprised.   Haven't seen an angler on Monroe since July.  I call you soon.

Hows that for adding to anxiety and I treat people for it on a daily basis.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: You guys do realize....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2012, 11:42 AM »
There it is! Was waiting for the classic JM we could be fishing by.......It has definitely been a lot colder as of late, even in the far South. More Crappie in Emerald? ??? You can't be serious! ::) (famous tennis player; also a J M) Looking forward to journeying up to the Plateau, land of early ice.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Test ran the gas auger today. Hopefully I will need to use it this year. Hopefully no more 3+ hour one way drives to get on ice this year either.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Test ran the gas auger today. Hopefully I will need to use it this year. Hopefully no more 3+ hour one way drives to get on ice this year either.

Agreed!

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Looking at the higher elevations forecasts we could easily be ice fishing by Thanksgiving.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2012, 06:53 PM »
That would be great, I hope that happens.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2012, 01:14 PM »
what are you waiting for Petey? depending on this storm we may be on the ice by Friday right here in PA  ;) :whistle:
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2012, 07:31 PM »
what are you waiting for Petey? depending on this storm we may be on the ice by Friday right here in PA  ;) :whistle:

Where are you talking about if you don't mind me asking.  If you don't want to be specific how about a general area.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Where are you talking about if you don't mind me asking.  If you don't want to be specific how about a general area.

NEPA just outside the Poconos

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:41 PM »
I dont know what forecasts youguys are looking at but i dont see one that would put anybody on the ice by deer season looking at the 10 day for gouldsboro, or mt. pocono heck the coldest one was near lake ariel.

In the past 6 years i have only walked on water once durring bear season and even then we had a warm up that took the ice away before the new year.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:48 PM »
i was on a lake that is around the 1900 ft above see level the eveing and night of  the noreaster and it was not even close to being cold enough to build ice anytime soon.  it was 43 to 44 degrees and that was after all those cold nights.  the lake is 38ft at the deepest.

we are planning a open water trip to this lake after deer season

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:19 AM »
Jigger, things have already skimmed over, leisure lake skimmed over two nights in a row before this wonderful summer weather hit us.  True, it burned off real quick, but remember, you need skim before you see a foot of ice.

There's always the possibility of being on the ice here in pa before thanksgiving, it happened, what, 3 years ago, so why be a pessimist.  Think good thoughts....think cold and calm and to he!! With accuweather.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Got a nice tracking snow in the woods up here in the northeast this morning, couple inches in the mountains.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:05 AM »
have seen some skim ice around here, and the long range forecast is looking good, not much rain, and the cooler temperatures will get the water temperatures down enough so that, when the freezing cold spells hit, the ice will form and sustain. And, starting in late November to early December, the lows are getting down into the lower 20s or upper teens at night. Hope to be on the ice before Christmas this year.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:03 AM »
Glass is half full the way I see it. It has been way colder than last year as of late, and often we get a good year for ice after a crappy one. It will be interesting to see if not having lots of the larger size pan fish removed improves the fishing.

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2012, 10:35 AM »
I am certainly pumped. Lows look to be in the 20s over the next week... We ended up moving a few communities over this year and from the looks of it... The lakes look LOADED! I am so pumped for a good season this year.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:16 PM »
I'm hoping Jack Frost, Father Winter, and the Ice Gods take revenge for last year's lousy winter.  I also say that for the next ten days it's supposed to go down to at least freezing every night. 

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:32 AM »
I'm hoping Jack Frost, Father Winter, and the Ice Gods take revenge for last year's lousy winter.  I also say that for the next ten days it's supposed to go down to at least freezing every night.
LET THE ICE GODS BE WITH US BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishroffdaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just doesn't get any better than this!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:17 PM »
 :tipup: :)   X2   :) :tipup:   
Ain't this somethin?  I told my Pap and Mam I was gonna be a Mountain Man; acted like they was gut- shot.  "Make your life go here son, heres wheres the peoples is.  Them mountains is for indians and wild men."  "Mother Gue," I says, " the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right.  Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:14 PM »
I dont know what forecasts youguys are looking at but i dont see one that would put anybody on the ice by deer season looking at the 10 day for gouldsboro, or mt. pocono heck the coldest one was near lake ariel.

In the past 6 years i have only walked on water once durring bear season and even then we had a warm up that took the ice away before the new year.

as expected the forecasts changed multiple times since I made that post..but I did have an inch on my first ice lake before it got warm and took it out

the forecast for the next week won't put us on ice before Thanksgiving but will help cool the lakes down after the warm spell we just had...in the meantime the steelie and brown fishing up in NY has been absolutely ridiculous this week with plenty of fresh fish still pouring in every day  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2012, 05:13 PM »
I expects some mouth watering ice pics from the Plateau very soon. You guys know who I'm talking to. Looks like the temps are good, if only the wind lays down. ::) Can't wait to slam some dark water crappie! ;)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2012, 06:29 PM »
You guys do realize............... .

It very well may be on next weekend.  A week to go boys.

Freddie boy, its about to happen.  Call you when i'm on.  Cmon Calm Saturday

Dr. JM

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Skim ice on the small coves at the creek this morning, that is about it. Temps have been on a roller coaster.

Offline rmcgonigle19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:51 PM »
temps arent looking good at the end of the week, heading back up to the fifties

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.