The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Shore access on Holter  (Read 819 times)

Offline 207 in the 406

• Team IceShanty Addict
Shore access on Holter
« on: Feb 15, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Would anyone be able to point me towards some places of Holter/ upper Holter that are accessible from shore? I haven't fished it all so I have no idea where to go. I'll be back on Google in a minute trying to figure it out on my own, but thought I'd ask the fine folks here, too! Certainly not looking hot your secret spots, or even hot spots. Just want to be able to drown some worms tomorrow. Thanks y'all!

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shore access on Holter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2015, 11:15 AM »
There's a wide spot on the side of the road at the gates that alot of people shore fish from. You can also go to the gates upper parking lot and follow a foot path down to the lake where I always see people shore fishing, from there I think you can walks up and down the bank quite a bit, but don't quote me. Also check out cadastral.MT.gov, look for pieces of public shoreline property with road access near by.

Offline jcmontgo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2015, 04:47 PM »
207 if there's any way in the world you can get some type of boat on upper holter, you should. 100 yds out in front of the marina and then over about 100 yds in front of the bank access is damn good trout fishing. We troll rapalas through that stretch but even in a kayak or canoe or something, you can crush em chucking spoons or rapalas or egg sacks. The biggest trick is to get out on a calm day so you don't get blown off the water. Early morning is not usually the flatest water. Or drive down to beaver creek and fish the river, it should be good too. If you fish the river, just note the regulation change.

Offline 207 in the 406

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Thanks guys!

JCM, no boat for me. I wish though. I'd be living the dream if I owned a boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.