The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice conditions online document  (Read 19461 times)

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ice conditions online document
« on: Sep 30, 2012, 02:18 PM »
I have the "Montana Bodies Of Water, Ice Conditions" document with a new sheet for the 2012 - 2013 season up and open to the 93 folks who wanted access to it last year. The link to it is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArS0US9mIvixdDFFNDRqc2s3Q2N2VzlfWV9IZ09UX3c#gid=5

The sheet starts the week of Nov 26th so go ahead and start updating it when you get out the ice when you can. If you don't currently have access to the document but would like access let me know and I will get you access to it. Hopefully this season will be a better season for ice depths than last year was.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice conditions online document
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Nice work!  Thanks a lot! I can't wait to start updating it.

Offline richcyberdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2012, 06:09 PM »
I would like access to this if that's possible cornbread, also by chance is this the same idea that Mt hardwater had asked you about a year or two ago? We have been looking for that post and this is the closest we can find to it? thanks for your time   richcyberdog
RichieRich

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I would like access to this if that's possible cornbread, also by chance is this the same idea that Mt hardwater had asked you about a year or two ago? We have been looking for that post and this is the closest we can find to it? thanks for your time   richcyberdog

Yes, this is the idea Mt Hardwater had last year. I just made the online doc so we could all use it. It worked great last year even though we had a crummy season for ice last year.

PM me a valid gmail address for you and I will add you to the document.

Offline richcyberdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2012, 07:56 PM »
rrichardson6969   and TGhanks again. I hope this year is a better year for Ice fishing,
RichieRich

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:39 AM »
No problem, you should be added now. and on the ice season: me too!!!!!!!! I really hope this year is a lot better temperature wise for ice fishing so we have a nice long season.

Offline Old Man Winter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2012, 01:38 PM »
I would love to be a part of this. I am usually one of the first out on the ice and will update whenever I am out.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2012, 04:46 PM »
I would love to be a part of this. I am usually one of the first out on the ice and will update whenever I am out.

Just PM me your gmail address and I will add you. I should mention it needs to be a gmail account not just an e-mail account or it is going to ask you to open a gmail account before you can log in to it.

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Request sent!

Offline phatfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2012, 05:35 PM »
can u add me please, my email is [email protected]

Offline lookinforpanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Thanks

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2012, 03:15 PM »
Can I have access to the document?  **********@gmail.com

OK you have been added you can alter your post and remove your e-mail address if you want so spammers don't get your e-mail address.

Offline TreeKiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2012, 07:53 PM »
I am a newbie to this site.  I would like to access that document.  If it would be ok, please allow me to access it.  [email protected]

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2012, 11:12 PM »
I am a newbie to this site.  I would like to access that document.  If it would be ok, please allow me to access it.  [email protected]

You need an @GMail.com address as it is hosted on Google Documents.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline rtclaus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Thanks for doing this Cornbread, really do appreciate it !!!

Offline TreeKiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2012, 10:41 AM »
You need an @GMail.com address as it is hosted on Google Documents.

Jay

Ok. [email protected]

Thank you!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Ok. [email protected]

Thank you!

I tried to add you and it won't let me using that gmail address. Is that a valid gmail account? Try just clicking the link to the document and requesting permission to view and edit after you have logged in to that gmail account. It should message me with a different type of access request and I will see if that works.

Offline TreeKiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2012, 08:18 PM »
I tried to add you and it won't let me using that gmail address. Is that a valid gmail account? Try just clicking the link to the document and requesting permission to view and edit after you have logged in to that gmail account. It should message me with a different type of access request and I will see if that works.

It looks like I got it.  Thanks man!  Saw guys fishing Brown's Lake near Ovando yesterday.  Don't know what the ice depth is but there were about 6 outfits parked there.  I'm going next weekend.  Looks like if I want access to more of this site I need to post more.  Fish On!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2012, 08:51 PM »
OK guys sorry for the hassle but we exceeded 200 users of the document so it stopped letting me add people. I contacted Google and found out that the only way to have more than 200 people with access to the document is to remove everyone and add them to a Google group, then take that group e-mail and add it to the permission for the document then add the entire group via its e-mail to the document permissions. So everyone who was on that document should get an e-mail requesting that you join the Google group "Montana Ice Conditions". Please join that group then you should have access to the document again and I can keep adding members above the 200 mark. If you don't get that e-mail let me know and from here on out if you request access to the ice conditions sheet and give me your e-mail you will get an invite from that group and you must join it to access the document. Sorry it is so convoluted but it looks like they are using the group membership to act as a lookup table for permissions and then use the groups main e-mail address as a lookup key. If I had any other way to do this I would, trust me on that I had to enter a captcha control sequence for all 200+ of you that is why it took so long tonight.

Please don't post anything to that group. It is there only for us to use as a permissions table. If you want to post something please do it here on Ice Shanty, I don't want to have to look for posts anywhere but here.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:47 PM »
I contribute frequently, thanks for the work you put into this Cornbread.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Your a good man, Cornbread. Way above and beyond. Thank you.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2012, 07:50 AM »
Thanks guys, really hoping all 200+ folks figure it out OK and we don't lose anyone. So if you didn't get an invite to that group in your e-mail and you were on the list before let me know. If you have never been on the list for that document that is OK too, I just need a GMail address from you and I can add you to the Google Group "Montana Ice Conditions" and from there once you join that group it will grant you access to the ice conditions document.

Offline fishtheice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Some Day Some How
« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:13 PM »
may i have access also please i dont know how much i will get out this year but always trying

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:22 PM »
may i have access also please i dont know how much i will get out this year but always trying

Just PM me your GMail address and I will send you an invite to the Google group. Once you accept that request it will give you access to the document.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2012, 05:34 AM »
Respectfully requesting access -- ridgerunningmountainma [email protected]. Thanks in advance. Hope you have a safe and successful icefishing season!

I sent you an invite to the Google group. Once you accept that request it will give you access to the document.

Offline Janz321

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:53 AM »
I was wondering if I might get permission to view the ice report too? I'm new to the forum. Thanks

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Guys I can't stress this enough, if you used to be on the sheet you were invited to join the Google Group: montana-ice-conditions accepting this invite is now the only way to get access to the document due to how many users we have. So please don't go to the document and request permission to view it, it sends me a ton of e-mails every time people do that. Check your inbox of the e-mail you used originally to sign up for that sheet for a Google Groups request, also check your spam box just in case. If you haven't received an invite reply to this thread or PM me here on Ice Shanty.

Offline Cabelguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I was also wondering if i could get permission to view the ice report....thanks (my email is [email protected])

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2012, 09:45 AM »
I was also wondering if i could get permission to view the ice report....thanks (my email is ******@yahoo.com)

You should be added to the group now. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the document.

Offline Bullride21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Cornbread,
Could you add me thanks,
[email protected]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.