The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Universal blades for hand auger  (Read 652 times)

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Universal blades for hand auger
« on: Feb 22, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Does anyone know if any stores around Omaha or online carry a univeral 8" blade set for a hand auger? I've got the red Arctic Ice hand auger from BassPro. Was there about 3 weeks ago and they had plenty of augers but had already put away the auger blades for season. So then I went to their website and they had 6" replacement blades but were sold out of the 8" ones. I'm like SOL.  :(
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline Perchand Destroy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Universal blades for hand auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2013, 10:16 PM »
Worst case scenerio you can sharpen the ones you have. If you don't have the tools you can usually go into any local metal working shop or garage and they will sharpen them for you for $5 or a 6 pack. Tell them to make sure not to change the angle, just sharpen them.

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:49 AM »
Ok Perchanddestroy.  I may already be screwed.  I think I changed the angle attempting to sharpen them with my bench grinder. :wacko: Thanks for the tip!
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline Perchand Destroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2013, 12:03 PM »
Sometimes changing the angle makes them work better, Unfortunately I can never remember which way is better or worse. You have a 50/50 shot. ;-)

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Found an exact match with the 8" Eskimo and Mora blades.  Thanks all!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.