The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Need Advice on Fishing Mississippi River Near Hager City/Bay City/Red Wing  (Read 1369 times)

Offline bigkorp

• IceShanty Rookie
I recently moved to Ellsworth, WI and am interested in trying some ice fishing on the backwaters of the Mississippi River.  Want to stay on the WI side to aviod buying MN license.  Any advice on spots where I could get started?

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
On the Mississippi as long as you're below the Prescot dam you can fish anywhere on the river with your WI license.  Make sure you double check the regs to make sure you know what constitutes the "boundary waters".  Also read the MN regs because if you're on their side of the border you have to follow their regulations, like only 2 lines, no plain trebles for bait hooks, etc..
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline trekr200

• IceShanty Rookie
There is Bay Point in Red Wing.  A small bay off the Mississippi that contains a variety of fish in early winter and then tapers off to mostly northerns toward late winter

Colvil Park.  I fish the back marina area where there are a lot of small to medium size panfish.

There is a channel area in Bay City that holds a lot of crappies.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Everybody has got to believe in something...I believe I'll go fishing.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/Squareneck/IMG_20161001_233426_zpsxa0qihbb.jpg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.