Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Good start

(1/2) > >>

Jbarker:
Sunday morning a buddy and I decided to skip the trout opener because of the crowds and fish for perch and pike instead. I got there first (10:30) and punched a bunch of holes. First line to set-up was my 8 inch sucker. before I could get to my jigging rod my flag was up. Walk over and reset it ( nothing there) only to walk back towards my rod to hear the flag go up again. This time when I got there, there was definately weight there. gave the quick strike a little tug and nothing. Everything was gone. Don't know how big it was but it inhaled my 10 inch sucker and 6 inch leader to get to my 14 pound mono leader. A little upset I retied and went to my jigging rod. After a few smaller fish my friend gets there and we set up a perch line and his jigging rod. After this we were running non stop. By 1:30 we wer bored, total catch was around 40 perch and 10 small pike (no picture of pike, too ashamed lol)

Here is a picture of the biggest perch of the day. He was 12.5 inches and 1lb even

ended up with a nice little snack

We decided to then try for some stocked brook trout. Got to the lake at 2:30 and my friend drills 4 holes. By the time I had 2 holes drilled he had caught 3 and missed 2. We never even put set lines out. By 4:30 we left with 5 each for supper and releasing another 20 or so.

They had some real nice colour to them. This male was the nicest we got.

Here are too of the nicer ones

They weren't big trout but what can you expect for a put and take lake.

Yesterday my brother wanted to go fishing so I took him and his friend to the trout lake because he has never been icefishing. After an hour we had caught 15 or so trout and steven had his 5 so we left to go for whitefish and walleye. After an hour long drive we arrive to find the ice not yet ready. So another hour long drive back for perch and pike. We get there late and only got a few perch and 2 bass.

Here is my bass the bigger of the two.

and my brother with his

Both fish were caught on ultralight gear. talk about a good fight. Hopefully the fish stay hot for the weekend.

TGF:
Right on buddy. :clap: :clap:
Future is looking bright 8)

joco:

great picture,,,,,,,,, :o

see you soon.jbarker........ ;)

joco ;D

tip-uptwo:
Beauts Jason! Can't wait to meet up and hit your lake this weekend.

Andrew

Sawlog:
WTG Jbarker ;D ;D excellent report and pics ;D thanks for sharing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version