Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Germ's LING thread 2005

(1/13) > >>

Germ:
Hey William......

On the LOB there where would you reccomend Parking> ? I want to catch myself a nice LING Nite time fishing from like 7-11 is my best time but wonder where on Lake of Bays to go and if there is parking>??? ANy ideas?

WHen i was fishing At the crappiefest helld by Ontario's angler FOrums THey BOy caught one and a nice size one.......to.......he was targeting Crappie but a nice Surprize there none the less....and back in the hole it went:>:> Nice fish Check out the crappiefest pics there to see it./

Will be up that way this Weekend Trapper ...LOL i got to break my 3 pound Ling Barrier lol..........I know it isnt hard accompliishment but at least i Have a objective lol. Tight lines!

GERM AND HIS LING'S[/b][/size]

GERM AND HIS LING'S New home

I figgered we may as well start a thread for our bud Germ to get his ling escapades documented on and where I can move some posts out of other threads that the Germ hijacks when ling are mentioned . LOL
Burbot

Lota lota or Ling, Eelpout, Loche, Freshwater Cod, Maria, Methy, Lush, Lawyer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION - With an elongate body, this species averages a length of 15 inches. The colouring ranges from a yellow, light brown or tan with a lacelike pattern of dark brown or black. At times adults may be dark brown or black.

DISTRIBUTION - This species is distributed throughout the freshwaters of North America and continental Eurasia. It is absent from Nova Scotia and the Atlantic islands in Canada.

BIOLOGY - The burbot spawns in mid winter under the ice. The actual spawning activity is said to take place in a writhing ball about 2 feet in diameter made up of 10-12 individuals. Maximum age is between 10-15 years. They feed almost exclusively on other fish.

RELATION TO MAN - Although the flesh of this fish is delicious and nutritious it is regarded as a coarse fish and not widely sought after by sport fishermen.

trapperdirk:

--- Quote from: Germ on Jan 27, 2005, 03:13 PM ---Will be up that way this Weekend Trapper ...LOL i got to break my 3 pound Ling Barrier lol..........I know it isnt hard accompliishment but at least i Have a objective lol. Tight lines!

--- End quote ---

Bait some holes the night before in shallower waters like say ten ft or so,, and sandy spots on lakes that are mostly rock can make the difference and you might find your luck changes Germ . ;) Remember also, this month coming up the ling will be spawning . ;D Should be a feast no prob . ;D

TD

William H. Buffy:

--- Quote from: Germ on Jan 27, 2005, 03:02 PM ---Hey William......

On the LOB there where would you reccomend Parking> ? I want to catch myself a nice LING Nite time fishing from like 7-11 is my best time but wonder where on Lake of Bays to go and if there is parking>??? ANy ideas?

--- End quote ---

If you get to Bondi Village, you'll see a few spots to park at the public access points.  Walk out a short distance and fish in 70 feet of water from 16:00 to 22:00.  You'll get a few big Ling!

Bill

Germ:
WEll since last year i totally SWitched to Plastics GLow grubs with no Live or dead bait what so ever.......

FIshermanjake GOt me into it last year and it increased my Catch Rate Ratio SO now i dont even Bother with dead smelly Baits or live...But before that i did find that WHen i baited my holes THe Bite was More active thats for sure. I Remeber the first time fishing for them and when i didnt catch anything thru my bag of Dead Minnows down the hole......and a GUy in a hut 100 feet away talked to me anyhow the next day.....when i was there fishing for them again he said he must have caught like 15 Ling in a hour or so about 1.5 hours after i left.......I told him I dropped my dead minnows down there.....He Thanked me For baiting lol...He was also the First Guy to show me the LING set up on the back of their ICE huts....They have Ling Boards for bailing and skinning them.....Nice set up...Anyhow Might try that LOB or LAke bernard? GOS that where you guys Caught THose Ling Rolly and yourself? Cause that Ling Looked nice.....Trapper? ANy suggestions Where to GO for SOme Biggun LIng?

Germ:
Looking on a map now lol Is that the litttle goverment DOck thing? SO you think 70 Feet this time of YEar BIll? And how big is BIG? Im used to a Average 1.5 to just under 3 pounds:> I know ITs not big but modest.......LOL babies compared tot he alska boyz Ling but hey Im trying im trying:>:> Im all Set for this Weekend be up there frday nite for Ling and Saturday Nite:>:> Bill what set up you use? For Ling?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version