Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Does anyone wear a personal floatation device?

<< < (9/10) > >>

fishercat:

--- Quote from: mricefish on Jan 12, 2011, 08:15 PM ---think you cold call or get a hold of the manufacture that makes the vest to see if it has been tested in cold weather?  or maybe they would have a web site with some specs for temp range or something.

--- End quote ---

The vest that I have says do not use in below freezing temps.

Mainehazmt:

--- Quote from: fishercat on Jan 13, 2011, 01:49 PM ---The vest that I have says do not use in below freezing temps.

--- End quote ---
well  if you fall in   it technically isnt below freezing  or you wouldnt have fallen in   lol

fishercat:

--- Quote from: Mainehazmt on Jan 13, 2011, 05:10 PM ---well  if you fall in   it technically isnt below freezing  or you wouldnt have fallen in   lol

--- End quote ---

Got ya but when in doubt I where my Sterns float coat  ;)2 got no inflation issues with that. It just gets stiff in cold weather.   ;D

BigRock947:
I went fishing by myself yesterday to local pond. I was the only one on this pond all day so I decided to wear my PFD under my coat. I have to admit I felt a little weird wearing the vest but I realized that I was on my own if I did go through the ice and besides no one else was going to know anyway. ;D If your not sure wear the vest and it kept me a little warmer too.

draketrutta:

--- Quote from: mricefish on Jan 12, 2011, 08:15 PM ---think you cold call or get a hold of the manufacture that makes the vest to see if it has been tested in cold weather?  or maybe they would have a web site with some specs for temp range or something.

--- End quote ---

Anything mechanical may not be dependable in frigid temps - including self inflating life vests.

I practice the K.I.S.S. principle - a type III Stearns may be a bit bulky - but it works everytime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version