The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Made it out  (Read 1621 times)

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Made it out
« on: Dec 25, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Finally made it out for the first time on the 23rd. Central part of the state. Only fished from about 3-445 but got one very nice perch. 12.5". Ice was pretty solid and around a foot. Lots of people out. Four wheelers and snowmobiles but not trucks, but not sure they could have gotten on anyway.

K-drill worked like a charm. Vex seemed to work as it should, first time using the digital depth gauge I added and that is a very nice upgrade. Bibs kept me warm. Good day out on the ice. Hope this new storm doesn't ruin access and put a bunch of snow on the ice.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Made it out
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2016, 05:37 PM »
Glad you made it out, the wife and I did yesterday for a hour also.  This storm is getting ugly 24 mph wind and its not suppose to start howling till 9pm.  If they are correct and 12+" with that much wind... access is going to get impossible without tracks most places in central Nodak.

Offline bmiller423

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Made it out
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:55 AM »
We made it out on Friday for the day - great weather - okay fishing.  Ice varied from 15 inches where there was no snow to 10 or so where it was snow covered.  Walleye were finicky.  Ended up bringing home 7 decent ones. 

Christmas eve day we set up for spearing.  Ice was about 12 inches total.  One 3.5lber spearing and a 6.5lber on a tip up.  Wind came up about 1pm and made it difficult so we packed up. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.