The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Striker ice suits  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Andrewf339

• IceShanty Rookie
Striker ice suits
« on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:34 PM »
I've been looking at striker ice suits and wandering if there any preference on which models are better than others

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Striker ice suits
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Should add your location ...may be a retailer near you for sizing

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:10 PM »
I've been looking at striker ice suits and wandering if there any preference on which models are better than others

Welcome to the boards. Wish I could help but don't have any strike suits.  Try running a search using the tab in the gray bar under the sponsors, you will come up with a lot of threads. Optionally you can use google and youtube search find more reviews.

As mentioned please put at least a state location and you will get more responses. 

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:21 PM »
http://www.strikerice.com/faqs

As far as I know there is no bad striker model, each just have different warmths and features to match different peoples fishing styles.  I learned everything I needed to about them from reading previous posts and watch those youtube videos.

I picked out the predators bibs for myself/for someone to give me for Christmas... its hard seeing them wrapped under the tree, I feel like a kid again waiting for christmas lol

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2016, 07:50 AM »
I just got the hardwater bibs/jacket at the end of last year. Not much ice time with them yet but have been shoveling like crazy so far this year. They are extremely warm. I have been wearing just a t shirt and shorts under and it still gets too hot when you are being active. There is a lot of pockets to put whatever you need in them.

This is my first pair of bibs so I can't compare to anything but I am happy with my purchase.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:15 AM »
If you tend to get cold and not running and gunning or sitting in a house or out side ...then the Hardwater rating:9/10

If you run and gun and/or like to layer then Predator... rating:7/10 warmth

Climate removable liners installed 10/10 ...liners removed 4/10

I have the Climate set up ...way to hot w/liners installed in my area ...my legs are fine most days ..w/o liner..the jacket w/o liner is nice but on some bitter days...chilly

I just got the Predator suit ...this will be my go to suit ...I like to layer... mostly wear the bibs w/tech weight base and thin jogging pants ....I usually wear some heavy weight base on top...hoodie and a vest ...and then the jacket in wind and/or bitter temps.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:27 AM »
X2 on the Predator Suit !! That suit is amazing for warmth and blocking the wind.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline Andrewf339

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2016, 12:42 PM »
Thank you

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:16 AM »
I ordered the Climate last year because I had the Hardwater suit and I just fry in it. The only problem with the Climate is that for me it is about two sizes smaller than the Hardwater! I Have a size Large Hardwater suit that fits just a little tight, but ok. The Climate suit is an XL and it's way too tight to even zip up even without the liners! I really think the Climate is the way to go, but Beware the sizing difference. They are the best suits out there in my opinion.

Offline chiefp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:41 AM »
 :o ::) ::)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2016, 07:29 PM »
I just picked up a Striker suit just before xmas and noticed the size difference you are mentioning. Got the climate bibs first then plunged at the coat since Gander had 15% off. Got the bibs in a xxl and the fit great. Love that the legs can be shortened if needed. The climate coat also was a xxl and was very tight to point it would not fit around and was short (Im 6'6"). I ended up exchanging it with a Hardwater xxl tall that they just happened to have on the hanger. Best thing I did as it all fits now. Just love this suit.

Offline Ethan C

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We need some ice!!!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:55 PM »
I have the hardwater bibs and jacket and they are very, very warm. I've fished outside in -10 temps and I'm still not cold. If you want something very warm get the hard water.
Where's the ice bro?

Offline ColoradoBob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Also have the Predator coat and bibs. Absolutely love them. Very warm and I am amazed at the thought that went into the design...zippers, pockets, etc. A real plus is that they also give flotation (just in case).

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:34 PM »
the hardwater can get smoking hot

Offline Dasher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2017, 08:07 AM »
I bought the Striker Hard water suit rated at 9/10 last year and use the bibs and jacket for ice fishing and snowmobiling.  In my opinion great outfit warm and a lot of pockets.  Also it floats...  So far I enjoy the suit and have not had any problems.  Just got back from snowmobiling in the UP of Michigan and in 0 degrees did not get cold at all and that was running at 50mph plus

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2017, 08:13 AM »
I love the Hardwater. I got 1 for my wife also.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Also have the Predator coat and bibs. Absolutely love them. Very warm and I am amazed at the thought that went into the design...zippers, pockets, etc. A real plus is that they also give flotation (just in case).

I also have the Predator coat and bibs and this is spot on!  👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.