Author Topic: I would like to get an exceptionally good deal on a portable ice fishing shelter  (Read 1505 times)

Offline tarmitten

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
It's almost March and winter related stuff should soon be on sale.   I would love to get a deal on a Frabill or similar ice fishing shelter to use for the remainder of the season.    Is there a mailorder place anywhere with that type of product on sale these days? Cheers!<><

I would prefer a Canadian company because duty and handling for the US is high.
"My wife got a new ice auger for me...she said it was the best trade she ever made!!!"

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would go to a retailer directly- by the time you get done paying shipping from a catalog, you're back to regular price.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
check ebay too

Offline komocazie74

• Team IceShanty Regular
you could try craigslist,  there is always alot for sale in the minnesota(minneapolis) area

you only live once- take time to enjoy it

Offline pageman1j

• IceShanty Rookie
the thing that i figured out as i was looking for sales as well was that the big retail places like gander mountain do not have big sales to get rid of their ice fishing equipment.  they end up sending it to other stores in areas where the ice is thick the longest.  so instead of ordering one, your best bet would be to check your local paper and things to look for a used one in your area.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
come to maine go to mardens   have the frabrill caboose for 199  now :(   bought mine there for 279
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline putback

• Team IceShanty Regular
I know two guys with portables they hate, won't put them in the paper for whatever reason. Guy thing I guess. Point is, try a want add in a newspaper you never know.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
You want a deal??  Buy a 'Natures Vision PAK SHACK" for $99  The thing wieghs abt. 15 lbs and sets up/breaks down INSTANTLY!  It's a one-man shack that folds up into a custom made bag with carrying strap.  Best thing I've ever seen if you want to be mobile on the ice.

Offline tarmitten

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish!!!
You want a deal??  Buy a 'Natures Vision PAK SHACK" for $99  The thing wieghs abt. 15 lbs and sets up/breaks down INSTANTLY!  It's a one-man shack that folds up into a custom made bag with carrying strap.  Best thing I've ever seen if you want to be mobile on the ice.

Thanks, so where could I enquire about  buying one? Who sells them?
"My wife got a new ice auger for me...she said it was the best trade she ever made!!!"

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tarmittien:  Suggest you go to Google, put in "Nature Vision Pak Shack"
They have a Deaaler Locator on their web site.  You should be able to find a dealer near you.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tarmittien:  Suggest you go to Google, put in "Nature Vision Pak Shack"
They have a Deaaler Locator on their web site.  You should be able to find a dealer near you.

Good luck finding them, they are probably clearance priced by now, and all snatched up. The Gander Mntn by me was sold out of them in november.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I got mine on line (can't rememnber the dealer name) just a few weeks ago for $99 with free shipping.  Ordered it on a Monday and it arrived on that Thursday!
i've used it three times already and I must say it's a very cool product.

Offline dabluz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Why not just make one?  It's fun to build and if you don't like it, you can sell it for more than what it cost to make.

There are thousands of ice fishermen here on the Saguenay river and I have yet to see a store bought shelter.

Almost everyone has a shelter of some sort.  It's a must because from mid december until the end of march, the temperatures are often at -20 and it's always windy.  Many just have 3 panels on a homemade sled.  They open the panels and sit the sled on it's end to get out of the wind.  You can add some plastic tarp to make a roof and front if you want.  A lot of people use a metal tobacco can, a roll of toilet paper and some alcohol to make a hand warmer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.