Author Topic: It's still mild here in the midwest but...  (Read 946 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It's still mild here in the midwest but...
« on: Jan 28, 2006, 10:07 AM »
I see at least one meteorologist thinks the cold will be coming down significantly about the second week of February. It's Tom Skilling of Chicago's WGN that uses a lot of computer models an predicted this warmup in the first place.

The cold air is up there as Alaska is getting hammered. We just need the right flow to let it come down.

One can only hope!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline biggvinn2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish or go home
Re: It's still mild here in the midwest but...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2006, 10:55 AM »
I sure hope your right about that, I dont think Lake Erie has chance at freezing at all this year. May be  my pond may freeze enough so I can get on it for a day or two.
Women love me , fish fear me!!!!!!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2006, 11:03 AM »
I sure hope your right about that, I dont think Lake Erie has chance at freezing at all this year. May be  my pond may freeze enough so I can get on it for a day or two.

Same here. All I care about it getting on my pond right now! If I didn't have customers hounding me I would be open water fishing today. Tomorrow doesn't look too bad for open water fishing, but the wife and I are putting together a power point presentation. Shucks!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Spindoctor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2006, 08:18 PM »
There's nothing wrong with ice fishing out of your boat!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:24 PM »
I thought this would be of interest. Sounds hopeful to me!!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2006, 12:42 AM »
If you find a way for me to send some of this arctic air from Fairbanks down to you folks..... You let me know! :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:16 AM »
If you find a way for me to send some of this arctic air from Fairbanks down to you folks..... You let me know! :D

Get as many people as you can to blow as hard as they can to the southeast. We'll do our part down here to take deep breaths. :flex: It's imperative we coordinate this on our cell phones. If you have any friends that blow hot air they should absolutely not be allowed to take part! 

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2006, 01:49 PM »
HAHAHA!  Watches are coordinated for 0800 hrs.  Let project "Arctic Blast" begin~!
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.