Author Topic: First time TIGER MUSKIE!!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Iceman714

• IceShanty Rookie
First time TIGER MUSKIE!!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
« on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:07 PM »
ok on thursday im gunna try fishing a lake nobody fishes during the winter.  They mostly fish bass out of there but i know theres a few tiger muskie and have caught a few small ones just not through the ice and that was with a spinner bait.  The lake shrinks down to about 40acres for winter time.  On one end you have a small damn and has some rocky edges and points that go into the deepest part of the lake, around the rest of the edges of the lake its pretty gradual grade with TONS of stumps and a few trees underwater, on the other end of the lake it is very very gradual flats with more stumps and the tiny creek that feeds it comes in there also but doubt the ice is stable out close to it.  The main fish species other than tiger muskie are large and small mouth bass, largescale suckers, a few white fish, a few kokanee, northern pikeminnows(the trash fish). no live bait allowed and no where to buy succer meat.  where do you guys recommend fishing, how would you fish it, and judging by the fish that are there what kind of bait.  Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay attention as the kids are always watching
Re: First time TIGER MUSKIE!!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:38 AM »
 I have never caught a tiger musky but I know that people catch them and regular muskies on dead bait.  You stated no LIVE bait so I can not see an issue with this, as far as where to fish I would go with the same theory of where the most oxygen is located in the water column.  Good thing is you have it narrowed down to roughly 40 acres which is not to bad.  Good luck and let us know how you do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.