New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Oneida/Madison,Oswego,Oneida  (Read 1352 times)

Offline 1020pond

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Oneida/Madison,Oswego,Oneida
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:26 AM »
Fot those that are not aware, Gander Mt.in Cicero is no longer open early to sell bait. In August of 2012 they started opening the bait shop at regular store hours.

Offline ratbassta

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Re: Oneida/Madison,Oswego,Oneida
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:28 AM »
wow.....thanks for that info, not that their fatheads ever last to the ice hole anyways.....
Hard cider
Hard lemonade

HARD WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-0

Offline ratbassta

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Gander has basically become just a large shoe store anyways........why would they be open to serve the fishermen..... ;D
Hard cider
Hard lemonade

HARD WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-0

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:01 AM »
I second gander being a shoe store.  You walk in and all you see is clothes and shoes.  The icefishing department is a joke.

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:32 AM »
I second gander being a shoe store.  You walk in and all you see is clothes and shoes.  The icefishing department is a joke.

I agree about the bait but went to bass pro last week and was extremely disappointed at the ice section. Gander has way more than bass pro. More money in apparel gander says.  No buckeyes right now either.  Sad because it was a convienient spot for me to stop.

The good thing is it will help some of the smaller shops.  They don't realize that when you stop for some spikes you grab a couple propane tanks, jigs bait bucket etc.  I never get out spending less than $20

Offline skowalski250

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:11 PM »
You guys are lucky your gander sells bait! I use to love going to the one in utica but they stopped selling bait.

Offline sunshine

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:16 PM »
You are lucky you have a Gander at all. After ours was flooded out, all we have is Dicks. Talk about a shoe store.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:29 PM »
i'll  never  walk  in  gander  mtn  in  cicero  again  ...i'll  get  my  bait  at  local  bait   stores  and  if  i  want  something  they   don't  have  i'll  get  it   from  one  of  the  sponcers  here  or  bass  pro  shop  ...the  personal  at  gander  mtn  are   arrogant   and  rude  people  and  i  would   be  more  then  welcome  to  tell  corp  that  too  i  rather   drive  to   bass  pro  shop

Offline floatsgone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:37 PM »
You guys are lucky your gander sells bait! I use to love going to the one in utica but they stopped selling bait.
Yeah they stopped selling bait... After they burned down half the store!!!  :o

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:00 PM »
i'll  never  walk  in  gander  mtn  in  cicero  again  ...i'll  get  my  bait  at  local  bait   stores  and  if  i  want  something  they   don't  have  i'll  get  it   from  one  of  the  sponcers  here  or  bass  pro  shop  ...the  personal  at  gander  mtn  are   arrogant   and  rude  people  and  i  would   be  mor

e  then  welcome  to  tell  corp  that  too  i  rather   drive  to   bass  pro  shop

X 2 ..... but for lure selection I don't drive 15 minutes to bass pro, I stop at Mickey's bait on my way to the south shore....

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:36 PM »
The icefishing section at the gander mtn in Rochester was pretty good from what I remember. Haven't been there in a while though.
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:37 PM »
You are lucky you have a Gander at all. After ours was flooded out, all we have is Dicks. Talk about a shoe store.

I hear ya sunshine.
I'm not sure if they had the same supplier as Cicero but the bait I used to get at the JC store always seemed to last better than others.
Was much more expensive though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.