Author Topic: Nebraska get together headcount (edited)  (Read 5853 times)

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nebraska get together headcount (edited)
« Reply #60 on: Feb 20, 2012, 08:25 AM »
THANKS to James and Hank for the great photos from the I.S. Get Together Weekend.  And thanks to all for organizing, attending, and lending your time and experience by making it a fun weekend for all.  I think the consensus was to do this again next year.  If the group wants to come to this area next year The Trading Post would be more than pleased to host the event again.  Looking out the window this morning I'm seeing rain and sleet with the morning temps hovering near freezing.  It's plain we barely made this work at all as even the good ice we found in the Snake and Boardman may not remain safe through the week.  I know some of you guys like fishslap drove a long ways to fish the famously productive Valentine Refuge lakes and were not able to access some of the better lakes on Sunday.  I guess all we can do is look forward to next year.  Thanks again to all that attended.  You are a great bunch of folks and I really  enjoyed fishing with you Saturday and getting to know everyone Saturday evening.

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 20, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Glad you guys had a great time!I really wish I could have made it,but with the lack of local ice I have put way to much gas through the Suburban already.Definitely hoping to make it next year.Pics look great from the weekend!

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #62 on: Feb 20, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Should have said more, there was people literally from each corner of the state here, maybe could have pooled with someone.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 20, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Thank you Mr. Merritt.  :tipup: Meeting at the Trading Post worked out great. I agree about doing it again next year. JAM3S, great pictures and sorry about your camper. Very good turn out by IS members. Think we had over 20 participating including friends of members. Wish ice conditions would have cooperated for you those of you that traveled so far. Crappie bite was off at Merritt but looking at the photos, you folks did quite well considering most don't typically fish that depth of water. Think everyone caught small crappie or perch and there were some quality fish iced on Saturday.  :tipup: Forgive me for not remembering everyone's user names.

Uncle Grumpy and his ride. If I would have known it was your anniversary earlier, we would have done something special for you two. Congrats!!!!

First good crappie of the day.

And another later.

timmybigtime lived up to his user name with a pound plus crappie. 

A TREE!!  You found a TREEEEEEE.  ;D

Getting around on the ice was not for the faint of heart at times.  :o

Those with patience like warrior1 and crew, did very well waiting out roaming crappie.

Nice fish! They also had a 5lb. cat on the ice. That had to be fun on 2lb. test.

Most of the perch were 8" or less. Jason H. did smack this 12.5" though.

hankthecrank must ice fish in his sleep. After 24 hours and 0 sleep there is no way I could be twiddling thumbs for an hour, waiting on some dumb walleye to get hungry. He did it though, and spanked the eyes, when not retying after sticking some monsters that ran him into brush. Liked to have seen a couple of those. Good thing you didn't leave that area unattended very long.  ;) 

Everyone got off Merritt safe and sound.

My apologies for the lack of photos. Should have been doing more of that instead of trying to find active fish. I'll do better next year. Great to meet everyone, it was big fun. Lets do it again when conditions are better. Given the opportunity, this little part of the world won't disappoint on ice.  :tipup:

dc         

Offline phillywah79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 20, 2012, 12:41 PM »
Yes the get together went great! My buddy and I had a great weekend of fishing something new. The trading post was a great place to stay and the bait shop had everything including new spikes thanks jon for all the hospitality and advice. Meeting poeple with the same passion for ice fishing and the outdoors was great too. Thank you sandbilly for the use of your vexillar. That went straight on my xmas list after the first fish. james sorry to hear about the camper the refuge road was alittle ruff. Im ready for next year name the place and time and i will be there.  ;D

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 20, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Great pics Sandbilly!I appreciate the carpool suggestion Hank,I could only be there on Sunday due to work so I didn't ask.I'll save a couple vacation days for next year ;D

Offline timmybigtime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 20, 2012, 03:31 PM »
What a great time!  I've always wanted to get on the ice at Merritt.  Thanks to Mr. Merritt for the great cabin, and to Sandbilly for putting me on that tree.  Went back to it Sun. for a little while before we left and had a good bite.  Should of took some pictures, but all I could think about was getting my line back down the hole.

Offline DannyBoy09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Mr.Merritt how long have you owned the TradingPost?

Dan Siegfried
 St.Francis,Ks.

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 20, 2012, 06:51 PM »
We're just starting our 8th season.

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The bigger the teeth, the better it gets!!!
« Reply #69 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Glad everyone had a good weekend. Sorry we didn't stick around longer, my son and I stopped at Beeds Saturday morning for a little while to visit. Did get to see Sandbilly, Hank the Crank, I believe Cherokeenation, JAM3E's buddy and several other guys catching a few crappie. My son is living in North Platte now and we were hoping to get into the big perch and pike on Dewey. Didn't happen, real limited on where to go because of the thin ice but we did get into a few nice pike. The gathering at the Waters Edge sounded like a blast. I will differently try to free up both days next year.     

Offline catfishclark10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 20, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Wish I could have made it!
[img width=116

Offline Slimdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Looks like a heck of a time!  Thanks to all for the pics and reports.  We'll definitely have to add this to the calendar for next year.  Congrats on that eye, HTC!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Feb 23, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Glad I got to meet a few of you guys and glad it sounds like a good time was had by all.  Wish I would have hung out more sat afternoon instead of tryin the pike in the boardman.  Was pretty slow back there but the masses of little perch, gills and craps kept me entertained at least.  Two pike and 1 16 in smally were the cap for me.  Will definately look forward to next year and I hope this get together keeps on everyones todo list.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #73 on: Feb 23, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Great to see you again Sam, am looking forward to fishing some of your places next year, too bad it didn't work this year. Got some other places up in that area I am looking forward to, too.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The bigger the teeth, the better it gets!!!
« Reply #74 on: Feb 23, 2012, 06:50 PM »
HTC, you should post your walleye for your picture. Congratulations. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.