Author Topic: First trip of the year  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Kodiak Commando

• Team IceShanty Regular
First trip of the year
« on: Nov 19, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Made my first venture on the ice this year. I went to my favorite lake which is used for float planes and is right in the middle of town. I fished from about 2 to 4 and caught 10 rainbow trout on eggs. The biggest was 20 inches and the rest were between 10 and 14 inches. Had on on that was around 4 pounds but is spit the hook right at the hole >:( :'(. Anyway is was nice to get out and have safe ice this early in the year, I usually start ice fishing in early december.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
Re: First trip of the year
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Good to hear you caught some rainbows and one pretty nice one.  Was a little warmer this week in the valley, warm enough the beer didn't freeze which is a plus. Went out to Big Lake with a few buddies.  One guy caught a 25in Dolly, while the rest of us caught quite a few nice rainbows, all around 18inches.  Maybe get some pics up when my buddy gets my camera back to me.  Lake was safe to drive on, about 13-14in thick. Was a good day except for a few gusts of wind.
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Man, I'm jealous.  In years past I'm usually the one posting about getting out on the ice while others can only read about ice :-\  I'm going crazy here without ice(guess this is that Karma thing eh ;D).  Normally I would have like 8 trips in by now. :'(

Glad to hear someone is getting out and having some success.  Did you get some pics?

Trevor

Offline Kodiak Commando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2005, 10:37 PM »
No pics because i forgot the camera. Thought i had to work all day but i found out i would have some free time in the afternoon so i rushed out so i could fish as long as possible.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2005, 09:08 PM »
KC,   :-\ Come on now!  Can't forget the camera!!! :tipup:
TEAM ALASKA

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:25 PM »
good job  :tipup:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.