Author Topic: Birch Lake  (Read 1330 times)

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
Birch Lake
« on: Apr 01, 2004, 12:30 AM »
Should be a good weekend to get out on Birch, headed down Friday after work. Will be fishing around the shacks off of the south point or at shack F-75 on Saturday. Anyone else interested? Let me know.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: Birch Lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2004, 01:02 AM »
i want to get to harding if i am able to go out a few more times...birch just doesn't interest me too much because i want to catch some trophies.  This weekend my friends want to head out to skiland so i'll likely go with them.  Good luck on the ice.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Kevin,  Wish I could....  Have plans for Saturday, maybe Sunday.  Hope you do well!  May have some time to chase a couple local fish?  Keep us posted!  Hey Kevin, are there any burbot in birch?  Fella told me last week that theres a good population in the lake?  I told him that I never heard of it, but thought you may know?
TEAM ALASKA

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2004, 10:04 AM »
Jim
Never have caught a burbot in Birch, doesn't meen there not there though. Birch, Lost and Quartz were all poisioned years ago by ADF & G to develop the sport fishing/stocking program, but I have caught grayling and freshwater sculpin in Birch. Prior to that I heard that all of the lakes had healthy populations of pike. Going to head out to Koole Lake today, will be fishing on Birch tonight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.