Author Topic: Weekend trip (pics)  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Weekend trip (pics)
« on: Mar 09, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Well we finally got out to Fielding lake and it was a blast!  Did some fishing on Saturday, and caught around 5 fish.  Nothing to exciting the biggest was a chunky 28".  Lost a HOG at the hole using a 8 lb. leader, go figure!  Didn't get out for Burbot that night due to the temps at -22 and WINDY!  State cabin was well kept and quite warm, great night stay.  Great trip! -Barleydog

seventeen mile creek

sunset over fielding lake valley

set-up and ready to fish!

Strikemaster auger with 12" extension... didn't make it through some spots!!!

Jimmer bottomed out?  what, no water!  Oh no, get the TNT!

Dinner

One that's still swimming...
TEAM ALASKA

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: Weekend trip (pics)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2004, 03:53 AM »
nice pics Jim, too bad you didn't get that big one...man i'm itching for some lakers...i'll have to at least get out to harding this spring break for lakers.  looks like you guys had a blast. :D

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2004, 05:50 PM »
Jake,  He was a slob!  Good fishing, but need another extension on the auger to make it enjoyable!  Another feller said that they found a 14" Grayling in the belly of a 28" laker.  SOunds like thier hungery eh!  How's the river?  DId you get out?
TEAM ALASKA

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Jim,
Looks like you had a good trip. Didn't make it to Koole last weekend, -20 Saturday morning at the cabin and nobody felt like riding in those temps. May try again the weekend of the 19th.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Kevin,  I was countin' on a report!  I don't blame you for sitting in the cabin on Saturday...  It was 22- but warmed up to around 10 on Saturday.  It was a cold ride from the lake to the highway!  Especially on those old tundras of my partners, (little tippy.)  BUT they sure were dependable old beasts.  You going this weekend?  I wish I could, but the job has me pinned down for a while, :( so I'll have to live through your reports. -Jim
TEAM ALASKA

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Jim,
Can't go this weekend, on call for work again. Have to be able to get there in 45 minutes, be tough from the cabin. Got a three day weekend next week, hope to fish most of them.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:43 AM »
you'll have to go to the tanana with me kevin.....thats not more than 15 minutes away...with packing up gear and stuff.  I'm going snowboarding saturday, but i'l like fish for burbot that night

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.