The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Who's Heading To Winni This Weekend  (Read 1010 times)

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish....Therefore I am.
Who's Heading To Winni This Weekend
« on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:00 AM »
Who's heading up for the Rotary Derby this weekend? We're heading up early Friday, staying at my buddies place on Paugus(?) Bay. I was wondering if anyone from Mass would be around.
If everyone who whined about the cold would move south, this would be a better place.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who's Heading To Winni This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:52 AM »
RS

Went to the derby for 12 years straight...not goin this year...didnt make firm plans because of questionable ice last month....made other committments....Paugus isnt bad fishing...usually frozen well...some big rainbows in there...Winnipesaukee is like Comet though....long slow days... but some nice fish when you get one...

2 tilts suck though..If I go again..I'm driving 30 minutes north to stinson lake where 5 tilts are allowed and the board winning rainbow came out of there a couple of the last 12 years.

Good Luck!

Let us know how you do...K

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:17 AM »
That is one reason i will never fish winni in the winter, the 2 tilts, i would rather go to champlain in vt  i could set up 5 for pike 5 for salmon and bows and 5 for lakers and still have a chance to catch a nice fish from each one of those species everyday. 
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline gdnoggin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:13 AM »
That is one reason i will never fish winni in the winter, the 2 tilts, i would rather go to champlain in vt  i could set up 5 for pike 5 for salmon and bows and 5 for lakers and still have a chance to catch a nice fish from each one of those species everyday. 
It should be a good one this year. Check out the New England - CT RI NH VT forum for the recent action.
As for the 2 lines regulation, it’s only is only for water with salmon (like Winnipesauke).  There are plenty of eligible stocked lakes you can drop 6 lines.  Plus you can fish 6 more cusk/burbot traps.

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:59 AM »
It should be a good one this year. Check out the New England - CT RI NH VT forum for the recent action.
As for the 2 lines regulation, it’s only is only for water with salmon (like Winnipesauke).  There are plenty of eligible stocked lakes you can drop 6 lines.  Plus you can fish 6 more cusk/burbot traps.

I know its just lakes thats why i put Winni, i would love to be able to catch multiple speceies
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline pin-seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Active Icehole tour member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2007, 02:19 PM »
I got a group of three heading up on friday night....we have about 5 spots we are choosing from now....still unsure where though....Either way, we will be parking next to our tilts ... Where you guys heading?

neil
Turny director for Joe B. Derby on Quinsig

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.