The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Arlington?  (Read 629 times)

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Arlington?
« on: Feb 05, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has been out on either the Mystic lakes or Spy Pond recently?  Thinking about making a trip down there next friday or saturday and wanted to know how the ice was?  I am sure that it is all safe and locked up, but I would hate to get all the way there to find sketchy ice conditions.

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arlington?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2007, 03:10 PM »
bumps I dont know but I bet it will be fine this weekend do you fish there often I've fished there a few times spy and had good luck with bass pickerel
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2007, 05:01 PM »
ice was about 6" on saturday.  should be 8+" by this coming weekend.
2 skaters fell thru this weekend, tho.  (both are fine).  mind the area where the birds are...they keep it open.  and if you see any skaters fall thru, stay away from that area, too.

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Roncarr, I used to live in Arlington so I would fish spy pond all the time.  Used to get on at the end of Gould street and fish the right side and in the back by the reids.  Also have seen alot of guys fish the back right corner, there is a hump there that you can see  on the masswildlife map.  Anyway, hope to be there on friday.  I am taking my father out for the day, wish us luck.  We will try to stay clear of any skaters falling through!

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:38 PM »
I dont remember the street name I was at but I think there was a drainage pipe were we got on could just pull up to the pond near all the houses no one complained I was fishing with john wallace met him there he fishes there all the time my fishing buddy was from sharon and john grew up there and they knew each other.Weird things happen on ice.good luck and be carefull.
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.