The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: whalom lake!!!!!!!!!  (Read 816 times)

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
whalom lake!!!!!!!!!
« on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:35 PM »
went to whalom lake today and was set up by 7am and nothing for an hour and then we were going to move out more and pop goes a flag the deepest one about 7ft and we get to it and its moveing steady but not fast my uncal sets the hook and he goes its a big fish we are sitting there like ok i bet lol and then we see it near the hole and this bass was HUGE he gets the head in the hole and starts to bring him up and then it couldnt fit in the 8" hole  then line snaped and my uncal put his arm down the hole and grabed it and then it shoke and it was gone after that we got a small bass and 1 pickerel but my guess would be by seeing the head and it under the ice it had to be in the 7-9lb range but what do you guys think how big of a bass wouldnt fit in a 8" hole??? it was huge i couldent beleive when i saw it

Offline Doggz1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Think like pike
Re: whalom lake!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:02 PM »
caught an 8 lb 15 oz bass and the thing BARELY fit through my eight inch.  Had to squeeze it through...felt bad for the fish but there was no way i was letting it go...putting it back was the hardest part!!
Fish when I can

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.