The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Bait near Quinsig?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Davidl

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait near Quinsig?
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Would love to fish Flint pond, where can I get shiners nearby?

Offline pin-seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Active Icehole tour member
Re: Bait near Quinsig?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:03 PM »
the aquarium right next to the ramp (directly across from edgemere diner).....little pricy but convenient
Turny director for Joe B. Derby on Quinsig

Offline JS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JS
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:15 PM »
There is another place on Lake Street which runs along lake Quinsigamond, on the Worcester side. L.Montague and Sons, has a yellow sign in front and his shop is in the basement of his house. Closed on Tuesdays...

JS
Tight lines!

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:38 PM »
That bait shop on route 20 has weird hours.  I know he is open at 7 on the weekends, but during the week I don't think he is open until around 1?  That guy doesnt give you any extra bait but the size of the mediums is real good.  I got bait at the Natick outdoor store the other day, I didn't look at the fish until I got home.  I figured since I asked for mediums, they would be all set.... Well they were the smallest dinkiest things I had ever seen. >:(  However, they did throw in a few extras and I did catch a bunch of fish with them today, so I have nothing to complain about. :D

Offline duubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:07 PM »
That bait shop on route 20 has weird hours.  I know he is open at 7 on the weekends, but during the week I don't think he is open until around 1?  That guy doesnt give you any extra bait but the size of the mediums is real good.  I got bait at the Natick outdoor store the other day, I didn't look at the fish until I got home.  I figured since I asked for mediums, they would be all set.... Well they were the smallest dinkiest things I had ever seen. >:(  However, they did throw in a few extras and I did catch a bunch of fish with them today, so I have nothing to complain about. :D

Me and my cousin went fishing in wayland wednesday and stopped in at natick outdoor store to get a dozen "large" goldens...id say they were mediums at best...

Offline jbbaitman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:03 AM »
BARRY'S BAIT IN WESTBORO ON RT135. OPEN 5 am-5pm sat and sun. week days      7 am-5 pm

Offline Diezel11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007, 09:14 AM »
been to barrys twice in the last week good size and very lively shiners A+ bait

Steve

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Jim at Barry's will set you up with the bait you need.  Just off Route 9 in Westboro on Route 135 heading toward Northboro.  He added some extra tanks this season. He has the big stuff for you pike chasers. 
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.