The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: flint pond report  (Read 1695 times)

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
flint pond report
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Just got back.  The first hour and a half I couldn't keep 4 tip ups in the water at the same time.  I was running left and right.  What a feelin!! ;D  I caught a few good size bass and again, alot of JUMBO perch.  Also jigged up a big crappie and some nice perch.  Things got quite after that!  I saw someone miss a big pike.  Was that you Imissedem? 

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: flint pond report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Lenz, ATHiker and I were up at the north end of Q....very slow....only one 18" salmon around 10:00...thought about heading down to Flint around noon but got lazy....

Heres the little one:

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Hey unoman, next time you guys are going to head to Flint or Quinsig, shoot me a pm, maybe we can meet up?

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:42 PM »
sure thing bumps...maybe heading back there in a few weeks....

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2007, 11:39 AM »
Bumps

are you available during the week at all?...will be burning off some vac days in the next two weeks...the Q is a good weekday spot

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Just got back.  The first hour and a half I couldn't keep 4 tip ups in the water at the same time.  I was running left and right.  What a feelin!! ;D  I caught a few good size bass and again, alot of JUMBO perch.  Also jigged up a big crappie and some nice perch.  Things got quite after that!  I saw someone miss a big pike.  Was that you Imissedem? 
Iknew i should have gone over /it looked like you could have used some help seein as myself and dozindoug were standing around waiting for the dead bait to fly /but no luck. we left just after you and no that wasnt me with the flag /some other local guy from the area/said it was possible musky or pike.I guess we should have used our shiners on some of the tilts but we had a game plan but didnt work. went back to RI and fished till pitch black with no success.Do you see pike often come out of there?If so we will be back to try again.this time we will help you with the flags./your legs gotta be sore today.next time we go i will let you know.

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Unoman, I get the occasional friday or monday off to icefish.  Let me know when you are back in town. 

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Hey Imissedem, Sorry to hear you guys didn't do so well.  I was a bit sore the next day but it was worth it.  I went out there again this morning.  Not as many flags but still very consistant, maybe about 20 flags or so from 8-12.  Also jigged up some nice perch, bass and crappie.  But what really made my day was that I caught my first Pike!!! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  It was 29".  Another guy next to me caught a 30" pike.  I have seen quite a few come out of flint this year, so let me know when your going to be around and we can slay a few of those big boys!!

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Hey Imissedem, Sorry to hear you guys didn't do so well.  I was a bit sore the next day but it was worth it.  I went out there again this morning.  Not as many flags but still very consistant, maybe about 20 flags or so from 8-12.  Also jigged up some nice perch, bass and crappie.  But what really made my day was that I caught my first Pike!!! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  It was 29".  Another guy next to me caught a 30" pike.  I have seen quite a few come out of flint this year, so let me know when your going to be around and we can slay a few of those big boys!!
Good job bumps/ now i know there are pike there. just wasnt our day on friday.be back again just not sure when but i will let you know.what did you get him on shiner?

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:56 PM »
I had just pulled up a nice bass and the hook came out at the hole.  So I rebaited with one of my last Medium shiners, less than 2 minutes later the flag went up, I thought it was the bass coming back for more.  When I gave a tug, I knew I had on a good fish!!   ;D

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I had just pulled up a nice bass and the hook came out at the hole.  So I rebaited with one of my last Medium shiners, less than 2 minutes later the flag went up, I thought it was the bass coming back for more.  When I gave a tug, I knew I had on a good fish!!   ;D
NICE Nothing better than that./took today off.Dozindoug is out today on johnsons pond in coventry RI /Hope to here some good results.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.