The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Brookfield Lion's club derby resuls  (Read 2780 times)

Offline donnie

• IceShanty Rookie
Brookfield Lion's club derby resuls
« on: Jan 27, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Does anyone have them? Or is there a website to see them?

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Brookfield Lion's club derby resuls
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2007, 05:14 PM »
No they dont have it listed any where.  There were some huge pike and huge bass caught this year.   Some of the sizes were rediculous.
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline studter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:57 AM »
When I left the Ice at 2:00 there was a 15 lb pike on the board... 5.15 lb bass.. A ton of horn pout & perch... But not sure what the finally results where though...

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:00 AM »
15.5 lb, 37" pike was the winner

NEF!

Brian

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:29 AM »
 Second Place for the pike and the $500 cash prize were with us..

Monday, January 29, 2007 
Big catches made at Lions Club fishing derby

By Kim Ring TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

BROOKFIELD— It was a good day to be an ice fishing kid, especially for 10-year-old Ryan Berg of Dudley.

Ryan caught the biggest pout of the day in the 18th annual Brookfields Lions Club Fishing Derby on Quaboag Pond Saturday, taking home the children’s division trophy and the cash prize in the adult division as well with a 1.78-pound fish. The lucky young angler also caught a 23-inch pickerel that weighed 1.92 pounds.

“He had a good day. It’s a pretty competitive derby,” derby organizer Richard Kennan said.   

In the bass category Roland Gaboury of Brooklyn, Conn., was the big winner with a fish weighing 6.84 pounds. Second place went to Ryan Waugh of North Brookfield with a 5.97-pound fish. The third prize fish was landed by Clinton Calonis of Brookfield and weighed 5.76 pounds. Jordan Waugh of North Brookfield had a 5.4-pound bass that netted him fourth prize.

“They had a good day in North Brookfield,” Mr. Kennan said.

A pike that weighed 15 pounds and was 36 inches got Paul McDonald of Lynn a state pin as well as the prize for the biggest fish in that category. An 11-pound fish netted second for John Niklas of North Brookfield and third place was a 10.68-pound fish caught by Jonathan Rochleau of Sutton.

“All the fish were released,” Mr. Kennan said. “Most of the winners caught their fish at Quaboag Pond, where derby headquarters were set up.

While the event is typically a big fundraiser, unseasonably high temperatures made planning difficult and fear of bad ice conditions likely kept some fishermen away.

“The ice conditions caused us to come out just a little ahead,” Mr. Kennan said. “But we had really nice ice. A week ago I was sweating.”

Other winners took home raffle prizes, including an auger won by Jay Welsch of Rutland, a canoe won by Roy Briggs of Holliston and tilts and ice fishing basket won by Raymond Dupell of Charlton.

Another lucky kid, Colin Cormier, 7, of North Brookfield, won the $500 raffle prize.
, , ,

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:34 AM »
nice article, but i'm pretty sure not all of the fish were released...i heard that many of them were put into a bin and were up for grabs at the end to eat....i know for sure that the winning pike is going to be mounted

NEF!

Brian

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:06 PM »
I saw a guy at sportmans cellar after he had a basket full to the top of bass pickerel and perch he said he got second place it was one of the tall wicker baskets.there were some big fish in there. I didnt know poeple ate bass I did as a kid.Do a lot of you guys eat bass just wondering   
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:08 PM »
I saw a guy at sportmans cellar after he had a basket full to the top of bass pickerel and perch he said he got second place it was one of the tall wicker baskets.there were some big fish in there. I didnt know poeple ate bass I did as a kid.Do a lot of you guys eat bass just wondering   

Just out of curiosity, was he a big guy named Chuck?
, , ,

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:19 PM »
short kinda stocky blond hair he was the owners son he kept calling the guy behind the counter dad.

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:22 PM »
Gotcha.  A guy with us was taking everything home to eat.  I tried to explain to him that a lot of the houses around Quaboug couldn't pass a Title V...  he didn't seem to care
, , ,

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:25 PM »
he seemed a little drunk is that the guy if so you think hes still puking from eating all those fish :-X

Offline G.Horne

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:34 PM »
I saw pics of "the board" and for the bass category there were a lot white released papers for the biggest bass, so thats good if most of the bigger bass were released

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:52 PM »
the guy I saw had at least a 5lber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.