The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Cheshire conditions?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cheshire conditions?
« on: Mar 06, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Any reports on Cheshire? I'm told the North pond is very open, but what about the one in the middle? Trying to head there tomorrow. Thanks.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Re: Cheshire conditions?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Wow if that's  true that changed a lot in a week. I was on the north section last Saturday with the wheeler. 11" of ice and shore was tight.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Wow if that's  true that changed a lot in a week. I was on the north section last Saturday with the wheeler. 11" of ice and shore was tight.

Weather has been weird this week. Buddy said his foot went through a few feet off of the launch. But I'm not trying to fish that side.

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2020, 11:43 AM »
Any reports on Cheshire? I'm told the North pond is very open, but what about the one in the middle? Trying to head there tomorrow. Thanks.

North pond often opens up on the south side with the current by the road. I’d be surprised if it was anything but fishable this weekend. Access points could get tricky.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2020, 12:16 PM »
North pond often opens up on the south side with the current by the road. I’d be surprised if it was anything but fishable this weekend. Access points could get tricky.

I don't think people have fished south of the islands all winter.  Maybe a week or two but I'd guess the second pond is more than fishable and if you can get on the first one at the north end there should be ice.  Second pond make sure you get on and off where it stays in the shade.  Its the only place i've gone in the drink and we were on 9 inches but the ramp ice was eroded from underneath by runoff.
westernmas on the finder

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Guy here at work said the launch on north end was locked up , he said it looked like 6 or 8 guys out there this am.hope it helps.south pond mostly open.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2020, 07:11 AM »
9 inches of ice here, but couldn't enter from the usual spot.

Offline Cnorkun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2020, 07:36 AM »
Drove over an hour from north shore to a spot I’ve been pounding as its had 12 inches for the last month.  Edges shot this morning.  Got on with a plank and got about 10 strides out and fell straight through without warning.  Glad I fell in at 5 FOW and not 20.  Sheesh.
Looked like about 6-8 inches of crap ice from the “fish eye view” I had while standing in chest deep water.

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Spud bar is jist as crucial now as it is first ice.maybe more so.be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.