The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Woods Pond, Lenoxdale  (Read 2534 times)

Offline whately

• IceShanty Rookie
Woods Pond, Lenoxdale
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Hey there, new here, anyone know if the ice on woods pond is cool? gonna hit it tomorrow am.

Offline Flash_King

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
Re: Woods Pond, Lenoxdale
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 03:07 AM »
give a quick report on how you did, always wanted to travel west to give Wood's a try
GOOD LUCK - GOOD FISHING

Offline TheBigPickerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2006, 02:05 PM »
I fished Woods Pond twice this winter already.  It is a small place with big pike.  The action can be pretty slow, but when you get a flag it is worth it.  My friend Musky-Man and I landed a 33 incher, and my brother landed a 27.  Both pike we very fat and healthy.   Jigging for perch and bluegills can be successful,  but it is hard to find a school.    We use large hooks on our pike tip-ups.  2/0 or 4/0 single hooks with the barb crimped down with pliers.    The crimped barb makes it easier to quickly release the fish without harm.  We also get to the tip-ups as quick as possible, and feel the line, so we can hook the fish in the jaw before it swallows the bait.   Take a camera, there are fish in there around 40 inches.  Put the pike you catch back, it is a small lake, and the large pike population could easily get ruined if it is over fished. 

We also caught some decent 16 inch bass aswell.

Remember to bring a good camera.  Woods Pond is a great place to catch "good" pike.

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2006, 04:44 AM »
shhhhh - that place is already loaded  ;)  lol.  Yeah it's a nice place for pike but gets crowded. 

JvD8153

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2006, 12:42 PM »
its nice to live right up the roads from it especially cause its loaded with pike.

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Loaded with pike and fisherman.

Offline whately

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2006, 06:40 PM »
So no fish, and yes lots of other tip ups besides ours. Half the lower lake was unfrozen which put a pretty large concentration of bait in one spot.  We left after maybe 5 hrs with no fish(worth another shot when there is more ice), to I think it's norton pond off the back side of West Center Rd in otis, got a 2 lb trout and a bunch of 1 lb bass & perch. it was pretty good. We had 3 fish before we could get all 15 tip ups(3 guys) in.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2007, 05:56 PM »
I fished Woods Pond twice this winter already.  It is a small place with big pike.  The action can be pretty slow, but when you get a flag it is worth it.  My friend Musky-Man and I landed a 33 incher, and my brother landed a 27.  Both pike we very fat and healthy.   Jigging for perch and bluegills can be successful,  but it is hard to find a school.    We use large hooks on our pike tip-ups.  2/0 or 4/0 single hooks with the barb crimped down with pliers.    The crimped barb makes it easier to quickly release the fish without harm.  We also get to the tip-ups as quick as possible, and feel the line, so we can hook the fish in the jaw before it swallows the bait.   Take a camera, there are fish in there around 40 inches.  Put the pike you catch back, it is a small lake, and the large pike population could easily get ruined if it is over fished. 

We also caught some decent 16 inch bass aswell.

Remember to bring a good camera.  Woods Pond is a great place to catch "good" pike.Hi, It's nice to hear someone else pushing people to put those big fish back I havn't fished Woods pond yet but I plan to on Saturday. A picture tells a thousand words.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Is A Sport, That Makes Me An Athlete
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:14 AM »
I recomend fishing woods during the middle of the week its about the only time its not packed. At least that is the only time I found to where you can fish it quietly. I have gotten there at 5 a.m. on Saturdays and still not get to fish good water. It is heavily fished.All the time.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2007, 03:35 PM »
It's heavily fished because Charlie Moore did a show there a couple years ago and then it was all over.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2007, 05:30 PM »
On the water did one also and it was on in November
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.